NextEra Energy Director Structure/Origination - ESG in Houston, Texas
Director Structure/Origination - ESG
Date:Apr 8, 2021
Primary Location:Houston, TX, US, 77002
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 52759
is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description The person in this role will lead ESG origination efforts in the commercial and industrial sectors for NextEra Energy’s Integrated Clean Energy Solutions. This position is responsible for lead generation, customer relationships, as well as negotiating and executing complex structured transactions across various NextEra Energy product offerings. The successful candidate will:
- Develop strong relationships within various NEE BUs to understand their products offerings and be the focal point of coordination to bring products from one NEE BU to customers of the another NEE BU
- Develop an understanding of ESG driven decision making primarily from a customer’s standpoint
- Screen business targets using available customer information and through other proprietary ESG data
- Identify high value contacts at those potential business targets, interface with customers to understand needs and own integrated sales proposals to them
- Develop strong relationship with target contacts via frequent in person interactions which will require significant travel
- Work to understand needs of the potential business targets and develop integrated clean energy solutions to meet those needs Job Overview
This position is responsible for managing a team that negotiates and executes complex structured transactions across various NEE product offerings, with a particular emphasis on new clean energy products. Employees in this role mentor their team throughout the transaction process interacting with front-line originators and potential customers to understand their needs and develop product structures to meet them. Employees are responsible for guiding the team throughout the development of the deal structure, ensuring the development of accurate and strategic pricing. This position will work with team leads to develop creative solutions to structure transactions and oversee, guide, and negotiate the contract to be signed between NextEra and the counterparty. This position is also responsible for selling the deal internally, navigating a rigorous vetting process, to gain approval and managing the team through execution which includes gaining input from several different departments such as Pricing, Legal, Credit, Accounting, Risk Management, and Trading Groups.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Communicates directly with potential customers and front-line originators to gain an understanding of customer needs in order to propose solutions, and/or negotiate deal structures and documents that meet those needs
- Values and prices integrated solutions that leverage single or multiples product offerings, leveraging internal SMEs for model inputs
- Analyzes and develops different structures that optimize clean energy solutions for the customer including any risk mitigation solutions to ensure risks are appropriately managed and quantified
- Focuses on new product development in coordination with different BU SMEs and in-house ESG expert
- Oversees, guides, and negotiates the contract and related documents that will be signed between the Company and the counterparty
- Prepares presentations and other internal communications for senior leadership to guide and support the internal vetting process
- Coordinates across BUs and within shared internal departments involved in the transaction such as Pricing, Legal, Credit, Accounting, Risk Management, and Trading Groups
- Presents deal to senior leadership, seeking approval of the proposed deal structure
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience: 9+ years
- Master's Degree
- Master's - Business Administration
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Energy Trading Organization: NextEra Energy Resources, LLC Location: Houston, Texas Other Work Locations: Texas Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs