Queen's Health Systems Pathology Technician (Call In, Rotator) in Honolulu, Hawaii
I. JOB SUMMARY/RESPONSIBILITIES
• Performs and assists in surgical grossing and autopsy examinations under the guidance of the Coordinator, Anatomic Pathology or assigned staff.
• Maintains the surgical grossing, frozen section and morgue area's supplies, equipment and records. Assists in other areas as assigned.
II. TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS
• Essential: standing, sitting, twisting body, finger dexterity, seeing, hearing, speaking, lifting, pushing/pulling and carrying usual weight of 20 pounds of force, reaching below shoulder level, frequent gripping of an object.
• Continuous: walking.
• Frequent: reaching at shoulder level.
• Occasional: kneeling, crawling, climbing stairs, walking on uneven ground, squatting, lifting, pushing/pulling and carrying weight up to 50 pounds of force, static gripping of an object for prolonged periods.
• Operates computer, dissecting knives, bone saw, hammer, band saw, chisel, telephone.
III. TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
• Not substantially subjected to adverse environmental conditions.
• Exposed to communicable diseases, body fluids, chemicals, hazardous materials, chemical fumes.
IV. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
A. EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION AND LICENSURE:
• Bachelor’s degree in a chemical, physical, biological or clinical laboratory science or medical technology from an accredited institution; OR
o Associate’s degree in a laboratory science (chemical or biological science) or medical laboratory technology from an accredited institution; OR
o Equivalent education and training as defined in the CLIA regulation 42CFR493.1489 as determined by the department.
• Prior recent laboratory experience in laboratory science or related experience preferred.
• Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
• Demonstrated knowledge or computers and average typing skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet
Queen's Health Systems
- Queen's Health Systems Jobs