EY USA - Consulting - Structured Finance - Intern - Summer 2022 in Hoboken, New Jersey
USA - Consulting - Structured Finance - Intern - Summer 2022
NJ-Hoboken, NY-New York, TX-Houston
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
EY offers a variety of career paths and opportunities, and with so many options, we understand it can be hard to choose. To have the best candidate experience, we encourage you to apply to no more than 2 positions within a 6-month period.
To learn more about career opportunities, visit Careers at EY ( www.ey.com/en_us/careers ). Prior to completing your application, please be diligent in reviewing the job description to ensure you meet the qualifications for the position.
If we are unable to consider you for this particular position, a recruiter may contact you to gauge your interest in other opportunities at EY.
Consulting - Consultant Development Program - FSO Structured Finance - Intern
What if your career could have a lasting impact on you, and on the world?
Here at EY, you’ll have the chance to build a truly exceptional experience. We’ll empower you with the latest technology, surround you with high-performing teams, and provide the global scale and diverse and inclusive culture you need to discover your full potential. Through our coaching and training programs, you’ll develop the skillsets you need to stay relevant today and in the future – all while building a network of colleagues, mentors, and leaders who will be on the journey with you at EY and beyond.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
The opportunity: your next adventure awaits
In our Financial Services Organization (FSO), we build a better working world by rallying together to solve the most complex challenges. We accomplish this by building trusted relationships, keeping an open mind, going all in, being bold and courageous, and taking risks worth taking. We help build a financial services industry in which financial institutions are trusted, customers’ financial goals are attainable, and the global economy is growing and secure. In today’s complex business environment, that means understanding the relationship between risk, the regulatory environment, and performance improvement, and applying our knowledge to help clients achieve their business objectives.
Within our FSO, the Structured Finance team provides services to investment banks and finance issuers, supporting the entire securitization cycle across transaction, consulting and valuation matters related to all types of assets. These include asset-backed securities (ABS), residential mortgage-backed securities (RMBS), commercial mortgage-backed securities (CMBS) and collateralized loan obligations (CLO).
Put simply, our dedicated team of Structured Finance professionals primarily supports our clients by helping them prepare important transaction materials for investors efficiently and without errors. As part of the team you’ll be central to that goal, taking on a wide range of responsibilities and projects as you develop your skills and experience.
This is a highly collaborative area, where you’ll always have the support of your team while working on multiple high-profile projects. It’s a challenging specialist area, so we won’t expect you to hit the ground running – you’ll learn as you go. That doesn’t mean you won’t have your own responsibilities though, so if you’re naturally curious, are genuinely interested in this area and are ready to engage with our clients, there’s no limit to how far you can go here.
It’s no exaggeration to say there’s no average day as a Structured Finance Intern. Since you’ll follow projects from start to finish, you’ll enjoy opportunities to learn new skills, tools and processes every day. That could mean using your eye for detail to catch mistakes in important transaction documents to reduce risk for our clients. It could also mean using your analytical expertise to develop or review technical models or documents, as well as directly influencing our clients through meetings and presentations.
As an Intern in Structured Finance, you will be a part of our Consultant Development Program. You'll be provided learning opportunities, technical competency training, and coaching to develop core consulting skills.
Your key responsibilities
· Delivering on a broad range of tasks to support our clients’ needs related to securitization of a variety of asset types
· Reviewing transaction documents and verifying information as accurate and complete
· Assisting on drafting and delivering agreed-upon procedures reports to clients
· Recalculating information on large sets of data and preparing exception reports presented to clients
· Learning about the cash flow models used to recalculate payments due to investors and conveying this knowledge to colleagues and clients
· Staying abreast of industry news and trends, all while actively identifying potential risks and opportunities to improve our products and services
What we look for
· You have an agile, growth-oriented mindset . What you know matters. But the right mindset is just as important in determining success. We’re looking for people who are innovative, can work in an agile way and keep pace with a rapidly changing world.
· You are curious and purpose driven . We’re looking for people who see opportunities instead of challenges, who ask better questions to seek better answers that build a better working world.
· You are inclusive . We’re looking for people who seek out and embrace diverse perspectives, who value differences, and team inclusively to build safety and trust.
· Qualifications .
A bachelor’s or master’s degree in a relevant discipline, supported by a strong academic record
Excellent collaboration skills, and the confidence to speak up, challenge assumptions and influence strategy as part of a team
An analytical approach to learning and development, along with the dedication to actively pursue new opportunities to learn
A driver’s license valid in the U.S.
Existing knowledge of securitization
Candidates interested in the Government & Public Sector focus must:
Have sole U.S. citizenship and be able to obtain and maintain a secret clearance or higher, within the designated time frame, which will be determined by the engagement requirements for a security clearance.
Present verification that you have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before your start date. If you are not able to be vaccinated because of a medical condition or disability or because of a sincerely held religious belief, an accommodation will be considered upon request.
What’s in it for you
· Accelerate your technical capabilities and transformative leadership skills with future-focused courses and development programs.
· Broaden your horizons by working on highly integrated teams across the globe and collaborate with people of diverse backgrounds — both professionally and culturally.
· Bring out the best in yourself with continuous investment in your personal well-being and career development.
· Develop your own personal purpose and help us create a positive ripple effect on our teams, our business, clients and society – building a better working world, together.
· If you join EY full-time after your internship, we offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
What you can expect
· Our approach to hiring utilizes several different formats throughout the course of the recruiting process.
· In addition to speaking with our recruiters and client-serving professionals, we also leverage game-based assessments to assess your non-technical skills and attributes in a quick and engaging experience. This includes your collaboration style and your abilities to work with information and the use of pre-recorded video interviews (PRVI). PRVI technology provides a great opportunity for you to share more about your qualifications and interests, as well as to ask more specifics about EY and the role for which you are interviewing. It also provides you with the flexibility and convenience of completing at a time and place that works best for your schedule.
· Additional interviews may be in the form of a live interview, either via video or in-person.
What we offer
If you join EY full-time after your internship, we offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you'll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You'll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
Continuous learning: You'll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
Success as defined by you: We'll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
Transformative leadership: We'll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
Diverse and inclusive culture: You'll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Service Line/Business Area Consulting
- EY Jobs