Lockheed Martin Strategic Planning Lead (Principal Level) in Herndon, Virginia
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space!
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing people are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills, talents and experiences to design and build solutions to some of the world’s hardest engineering problems.
Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to envision the impossible, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus—if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you!
The Intelligence and Analytic Development (IAD) Mission Area has around 1,500 employees and an annual sales base of over $780M. The IAD line of business fosters digital innovation in support of the space ground systems within Mission Solutions while responding to evolving customer needs within the Intelligence Community, bridging new technologies and mission understanding. These mission-critical efforts include cloud-based satellite mission management solutions, command and control, and data processing analysis for the Intelligence Community. The ideal candidate for this role should have ample IC customer experience and the ability to leverage this in creating reliable, strategic, and innovative solutions.
As the Principal Strategic Planner for Intelligence and Analytic Development, your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
• Drive external customer engagements - understanding their needs, engaging in technical solutioning conversations, and sharing our concepts.
• Cross-IAD and Cross-Space strategy engagement/development (e.g. Orchestration, Analytics, JADO Integration)
• Drive and collaborate Mission Solutions campaign engagement/development (e.g. AI/ML, Cyber, etc.)
• Shape new business opportunities in partnership with business development and IAD Division leadership
• Maintain engagement with our project / program teams for continued awareness of new and emerging technologies
• Provide Merger & Acquisitions review and recommendations
• 10 years of industry experience.
• Strong software or systems engineering background.
• Demonstrated communication skills and experience presenting and conveying focused messages to internal/external customers and executive leadership.
• Experience in proposal development such as costing, technical writing, capture management.
• Top Secret SCI clearance.
• Experience working with Intel customer(s).
• Existing IC and DoD customer relationships in any of the following areas: Information Technology, Cyber, Cloud, AI/ML, Data Analytics.
• Strong organizational skills and being able to work effectively across business teams and virtual teams.
• Experience leading a proposal as a capture manager.
• Experience in identifying and building partnerships across the industry with both vendors and contractors.
• Ability to identify critical gaps and propose solutions to close on significant opportunities.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs