Lockheed Martin Senior Systems Administrator in Herndon, Virginia
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
This team is at the intersection of systems engineering, technology innovation and creativity. This role is for engineers who love to build products, explore new capabilities, and work on a variety of technologies. The engineer will work with stakeholders to understand their requirements and help them realize the full value of these products.
This position is part of a small and innovative team who operate in a dynamic environment with a start-up like mentality. We love using the latest technologies, either FOSS or COTS. The team is responsible for operating and maintaining the Programs’ network and systems that supports several different external partners and offers flexibility with dependability. The person that serves in this role will work closely with other team members who love to share and learn together. Responsibilities include SysAd/SysEng for Windows/Linux/Cloud/Security and networking.
- TS/SCI W/ Poly
- Previous Systems Administration / Systems Engineering Experience.
- Considered an expert in one or more of the following Operating Systems (OS), Linux, Unix, Mac, Windows, IOS
- Experience or education in cyber security, computer science or related field
- Previous experience in system hardening
Candidate should have experience in domains such as, but no limited to:
- Networking (Applications, routing, troubleshoot, security)
- Cloud (Public and private cloud architecture and providers)
- Operating Systems (Linux, Windows, Mac) to include configuration, hardening, networking and troubleshooting
- Test, Integration and Automation Tools (Atlassian tools, Git, SVN, Jenkins, Test Link, Gerrit)
- Test, integration and verification background and methodology
- DevOps / Continuous Integration (CI)
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.