Bechtel Corporation Senior Engineer - CSA (Structural) in Haryana-New Delhi, India
Requisition ID: 244039
Requisition Posting End Date:
Since 1898, we have helped customers complete more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents that have created jobs, grown economies, improved the resiliency of the world's infrastructure, increased access to energy, resources, and vital services, and made the world a safer, cleaner place.
Differentiated by the quality of our people and our relentless drive to deliver the most successful outcomes, we align our capabilities to our customers’ objectives to create a lasting positive impact.
We serve the Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy, and Mining & Metals markets. Our services span from initial planning and investment, through start-up and operations. Core to Bechtel are our values ethics, safety, quality, people, culture, relationships, innovation and sustainability, and our covenants integrity, respect, collaboration, trust, and delivery. They are what we believe, what customers can expect, and how we deliver.
1. Directly performs or administers work of designers of a design group for a business line technology. This work includes the preparation of layouts, study drawings, detailed 2-D and 3-D Computer Aided Design (CAD) design models and construction drawings.
2. Prepares or assists with the preparation of assigned material requisitions and bid evaluations.
3. Monitors and checks work for compliance with approved design standards to provide quality design, reliable/safe plant operation and construction economy.
4. Prepares design and drafting procedures to standardize design effort.
5. Coordinates or makes jobsite visits, as required, to resolve problems and interpret drawings and documents.
6. Reviews or defines engineering scope changes, as required, for project management.
7. Endorses or prepares reports of work progress, as required, for project and discipline use.
8. Participate in technical meetings and perform intra-discipline coordination.
9. Supports the creation of a work environment that fosters openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation and satisfaction.
BS in structural/civil engineering from an accredited university or college and 5-7 years of progressive related experience.
BS/MS should emphasize structural analysis and design of steel and concrete structures.
Must be able to complete a pre-employment drug screen, and background check.
Have working knowledge of Bentley STAAD.Pro design/analysis program related to plant structures, systems, and components, with 3 years minimum recent hands-on experience.
Experience with AISC Steel Construction Manual, ACI 318, and ASCE 7.
Passed the Engineer in Training (EIT) exam.
Work experience for BS should be directly related to the detailed design of steel and concrete structures.
Ability to express technical issues in a clear and concise manner, both written and verbally.
Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel.
Familiar with Shell DEP standards requirements
Proficient in the use of structural analysis software such as GTSTRUDL, STAAD.Pro, or SAP2000.
Proficient in the use of MathCAD or similar software.
Experience with CADD applications, such as MicroStation or AutoCAD.
Experience with Hexagon (Intergraph) Smart 3D application.
Experience with basic engineering deliverables, such as drawings, specifications, and material requisitions.
Experience with methods of construction for concrete and steel structures.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
In accordance with Bechtel's duty to provide and maintain a safe workplace for our employees and to safeguard the health of our families, customers, and visitors, we have adopted mandatory COVID-19 safety protocols for each work location, which may include a vaccination or testing requirement. Please speak with your Bechtel recruiter to determine which protocols apply to the work location for the job you are seeking.
- Bechtel Corporation Jobs