EY Consulting Manager - Business Transformation - Transformation Architecture in Hartford, Connecticut
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
As powerful forces reshape business, organizations in every industry are grappling with seemingly competing demands: executing successfully in the near term in existing markets, while simultaneously preparing for an uncertain, potentially disruptive future. We call it the duality dilemma. On the one hand, CEOs and their executive teams are expected to deliver consistent financial performance. On the other hand, boards and investors are looking to management to develop strategies to cope with and even drive future disruptions.
EY Business Transformation advises CEOs and business leaders from the world’s leading companies on taking bold and transformative steps such as redefining their organization’s purpose, pursuing and optimizing growth strategies, defining new business and operating models, learning how to achieve disruptive innovations, leading end-to-end transformations, understanding and acting upon changing customer and market dynamics and re-examining their profitability. We blend business, design, and technology thinking to unlock opportunity for our clients and deliver lasting impact.
Your key responsibilities
We’ll look to you to take ownership of key deliverables and workstreams by developing a point of view, driving problem solving and insightful analysis of our clients’ most strategic issues. You will interact directly with our clients and continually challenge yourself to navigate ambiguous situations and ever-changing circumstances. You’ll add value by looking at the bigger picture and thinking creatively for new solutions.
From day one, you’ll have the opportunity to put your fingerprints on the practice, shaping the thinking and approaches we bring to the market as well as impacting the way we operate every day. You’ll join a community that offers support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around. You’ll be challenged to develop new skills to progress your career and pursue flexible paths to achieving your goals both in and out of work.
Skills and attributes for success
EY Business Transformation develops outstanding leaders who demonstrate integrity, respect and teaming with energy, enthusiasm and courage to lead. We’re interested in intellectually curious people who can manage opposing priorities requiring bringing different experiences, expertise and backgrounds together in new, unconventional ways. We look for people who can demonstrate exceptional business acumen, structured thinking, and the ability to develop relationships with colleagues and client based on doing the right thing. We are seeking individuals with functional business and technology skills with a focus on leading platforms and a passion for understanding new digital models, the leading players in the market and how to bring them to bear on client challenges and industry disruption. Have direct experience on how to approach industry trends and user experience research to shape strategic transformations. You will be known for your big picture thinking and ability to explain complex concepts in a crisp, clear, concise and graphic-rich style, using appropriate analytics and visualization tools.
To qualify for the role you must have
· A bachelor’s degree in business-focused curriculum and at least 5-9 years of significant work experience within industry or consulting
· Achievement of an MBA or similar graduate degree from a leading program
· Deep problem-solving capabilities and intellectual curiosity, using both quantitative and qualitative approaches
· Significant people management experience with leading project teams and managing direct reports within an organization.
· Demonstrated ability to foster an innovative and inclusive team-oriented work environment, playing an active role in mentoring junior level consultants within the organization
· Excellent listening and presentation skills, including the ability to communicate complex concepts and data insights simply and effectively across audiences
· Significant experience monitoring progress, managing risk and ensuring key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes
· Exceptional skill in using Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel and/or other platforms for digital presentation and data analysis and visualization and such as Tableau, Spotfire, Power BI, and Alteryx
· A valid passport and US driver’s license; willingness and ability to travel both domestically and internationally to meet client needs
Ideally you'll also have
· Prior consulting experience with a Big 4 firm or large global institution
What we look for
We’re interested in highly motivated talented individuals with a strong willingness to think outside of the box. You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so you’ll need the motivation to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and expand our business in the evolving market. If you’re serious about consulting and ready to take on some of our clients’ most complex issues, this role is for you.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
• Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
• Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
• Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
• Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
- EY Jobs