Amazon System Validation Lead , SPIV in Haifa, Israel
Amazon Web Services provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world.
We are seeking an experienced System Validation Engineer to build the next generation of our cloud server platforms.
Our success depends on our world-class infrastructure; we’re handling massive scale and rapid integration of emergent technologies.
As a leader of the Systems Validation team you will be responsible for the definition of hardware and software validation for our data centers based on latest x86 and Annapurna ARM servers which are AWS EC2 instances used to deploy hardware accelerators in the cloud.
You’ll provide leadership in the application of new technologies to large scale deployments in a continuous effort to deliver a world-class customer experience. This is a fast-paced, intellectually challenging position, and you’ll work with thought-leaders in multiple technology areas.
You’ll have high standards for yourself and everyone you work with, and you’ll be constantly looking for ways to improve our products quality. We’re changing an industry, and we want individuals who are ready for this challenge and want to reach beyond what is possible today.
A day in the life
• Lead a team of 4 Validation Engineers in both aspects of Tech and soft skills .
• End to end Ownership of system validation definitions and test architecture for server based systems in HW and SW aspects .
• Raise the bar on Dev & Design of validation test plans & automations .
• Work with HW/SW teams to enable efficient debug .
• Understand intended HW/SW applications and performance tests from a customer perspective .
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
• 10+ years of experience with system validation.
• 3+ years of experience on managing QA/validation teams (Technically and on HR level).
• Education: B.Sc. in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Electronic/Electrical Engineering.
• Very good knowledge in Linux based OS.
• Experience in designing and defining testing methodologies and infrastructure.
• Debug ability on HW/SW systems.
• Familiar with x86 (Intel) Server architecture / debug / environment.
• Familiar with networking (switching/routing).
• Scripting: writing ability is advantage, required languages: Bash, Python.
• Familiar with networking (TCP/IP, Ethernet Switching), Embedded SoC system testing, storage (NVMe), virtualization.
• Basic knowledge in DDR ,PCIe Gen3/4 or Ethernet.
- Amazon Jobs