Eaton Corporation Manager Engineering - Platform Development in Hadapsar Pune, India
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to Engineering Manager based in Pune, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. This exciting role offers opportunity to:
• Lead the Platform development team through management and mentorship in accordance with the Company’s policies, procedures, and overall vision
• Lead cross-functional initiatives across the broader company
• Interact with key stakeholders to recommend solutions aligned to business roadmaps
• Recommend technological developments and improvements
• Align and prioritize current and future development initiatives in support of our business objectives
• Build high performance teams that can deliver across functions, geographies, time zones, and cultures.
• Build highly skilled teams focused on key technology growth areas such as software engineering and embedded systems
• Promote a culture of technology and intellectual property leadership.
• Develop procedures and common metrics to ensure that efficiency, collaboration, and quality standards are met
• Manage project planning, including allocation of resources, assignment and coordination
• Lead recruitment activities in partnership with Human Resources and Talent Acquisition teams
• Participate in the creation of technology road map based on Product/COE Strategy globally and deploy them within the group and build organization’s capability.
• Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to enhance the value proposition and quality of the engineering deliverables.
• Develop partnerships with leading technology organizations (universities, national labs, private organizations, etc.) to ensure a healthy pipeline of new technologies and talent into the R&D organization.
• Promote a culture of technology and intellectual property leadership.
• Identify, coach and retain engineering talent. Develop and strengthen software and embedded R&D capabilities.
• Ensure financial reporting is accurate and projects are executed within allocated budget
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Electrical/Electronics Engineering from an accredited institution required.
• Preferred - Master’s Degree in Computer Science/Electrical/Electronics Engineering from an accredited institution.
• 15 to 18 years of design experience software products and/or embedded systems
• Prior experience as organizational leader for a minum of 5 to 10 years in globally distributed teams
• Experience leading organizations with at least 40 members
• Experience utilizing best practices in software engineering, Agile development methodologies, CI/CD, DevOps, etc."
• Knowledgeable about industry trends, best practices, and change management.
• Experience in complex system design and working knowledge of cloud computing platforms (such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure).
• Working knowledge of Embedded Systems including RTOS and Linux based platforms.
• Track record of demonstrated success in delivery of large-scale software development programs.
• Proven digitally savvy leader experienced in delivering monetized IoT products and services to market.
• Experienced with software features and data entitlement for commercial or industrial IoT products.
• Ability to work within matrixed environments.
• Proven track record of building and managing successful software development teams.
• Expert level working knowledge of open source software and ability to employ open, shared and saleable development principles within an enterprise.
• Capable of developing and advocating digital platforms across a diversified group of business segments.
• Experience and success with developing and commercializing digital technologies.
• Empathizes and actively learns about customer’s needs and how they create value.
• Builds relationships outside of engineering teams to understand, influence, and serve as their advocate.
• Demonstrated experience in building organizational capabilities around technology; developments high performing talent and builds succession depth."
• Strong organizational leadership skills.
• Extensive experience in hiring talented people for diverse, productive development teams.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and resolve issues that impact deadlines; ability to make decisions quickly under conflicting constraints, moving rapidly to meet the demands of a fast-growing company.
• Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate and interact with a variety of internal/external customers and/or co-workers.
• Results-oriented and demonstrated record of developing initiatives that impact productivity.
• Proactive and solutions-oriented with experience working in ambiguity.
• Fosters an environment where employees feel empowered to experiment, innovate, and make decisions.
• Leverages data to create new insights and make better decisions.
• Problem Solving - uses digital technology and processes to solve difficult problems with effective solutions, probes all suitable sources for answers, can see hidden problems, is excellent at unbiased analysis, looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at the first answers.
• Innovation Leadership - effective in cultivating creative ideas of others, demonstrates good judgment around creative ideas and which suggestions will work, has a sense about managing the creative process of others, can facilitate effective brainstorming, can project how potential ideas may play out in the marketplace.
• Creativity - comes up with many new and unique ideas, easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions, tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
• Process Management - Good at figuring out the processes necessary to get things done, knows how to organize people and activities, Knows what to measure and how to measure it, Can simplify complex processes, Gets more out of fewer resources
• Strategic Agility – sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately, has broad knowledge and perspective; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies & plans.
• Drive for results – can be counted on to exceed goals successfully.
• Motivating others – creates a climate in which people want to do their best; empowers others; is someone people like working for and with.
• Managerial courage – holds transparent and meaningful conversations; provides direct, complete, “actionable”, constructive, and corrective feedback to others.
• Business acumen – knows how business work; knowledgeable in current and possible future technologies; knows the competition.
• Peer relationships – can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all; can represent his/her own interests and yet be fair to other groups.
• Interpersonal savvy – relates well to all kinds of people; builds appropriate rapport.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Eaton Corporation Jobs