Lockheed Martin Infrared Camera - Electro-Optical Systems Engineer Team Lead in Goleta, California
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID-19 variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees are required to follow onsite safety measures based upon the COVID-19 Community Level at the specific work location.
Description: We are looking for a motivated, driven Electro-Optical Systems Engineer Team Lead capable of joining and leading technical teams in the development and of IR sensors for Tactical and Space based applications. The candidate must have excellent presentation skills and strong customer coordination to interface with internal and external customers. The candidate will be responsible for helping shape and develop future products as well as executing in the support of existing products currently in production. The candidate should be capable of performing EO/IR and modeling to support in the development of system concepts, and to verify designs meet their requirements. This person will act as project or technical lead and will create technical execution plans, monitor program technical tasks, and assist program management in tracking schedules, budgets, and earned value. This person will supervise and direct engineers and technicians in and perform optical tasks for program performance. Will also perform system debugging/troubleshooting, and provide technical direction and support to production operations as required.
You will have the opportunity to work within a small site with a big impact for a large corporation. The Multi-disciplined engineering team provides exposure and growth potential in a number of areas and the ability to interact directly with industry experts, directors, and customers. Located near UCSB and the beach with great weather, outdoor lifestyle, and diverse culture with the option to work a flexible schedule- so you can enjoy all that the Santa Barbara area has to offer.
Relocation: Relocation assistance is possible for this exciting position.
The Locale: Goleta is a city in southern Santa Barbara County, California. Goleta is part of the central coast region of California and offers lots of great scenery and is a great place to live and to raise a family. The region is known primarily for agriculture and tourism. Major crops include wine grapes, lettuce, strawberries, and artichokes. Goleta is near the University of California, Santa Barbara campus. Much of Goleta is considered to be a quiet suburban community while Santa Barbara tends to attract most of the tourists and the area's residents. Goleta is about 8 miles west of the city of Santa Barbara, along the coast (the coast runs east to west in this portion of southern California). Where can you drive to from Goleta? Goleta is 2 hours northwest of Los Angeles. San Francisco is about 5 hours to the north of Goleta. Las Vegas, NV is about 5 hours to the northeast.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in an engineering, mathematics, or science field
• System engineering and background
• Significant experience with optical sensors or imaging system development, testing, and characterization
• Excellent presentation and written communications skills
• Strong customer coordination experience
• Ability to lead technical teams to meet cost, schedule, and performance goals.
• Understanding of infrared sensor systems and supporting optical systems.
• Transition of high technology product from Development to Production
• Troubleshooting and investigating failures of sophisticated hardware.
• Ability to obtain high level security clearances, so must be a US Citizen.
• Master’s degree or PhD from an accredited college in related discipline
• Experience with performance of optical sensors and IR camera systems
• Experience with space environmental requirements and how to mitigate their effects
• CMOS circuit experience
• Understanding of FPA manufacturing technologies
• Closed cycle cryogenic system and vacuum packaging
• MATLAB programming for
• Radiometric testing and of IR systems or sensors
• Background or familiarity with electronics and equipment related to infrared video collection, and test
• Understanding of reliability engineering and 6 sigma principles.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs