Honeywell Program Security Specialist in Golden Valley, Minnesota
The future is what you make it!
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
At Honeywell ACST, our premier team of scientists, engineers, and professionals develop cutting-edge technology by leveraging their expertise in complex hardware and software control systems, atomic physics, ultra-high vacuum environments, cryogenics, cyber security and others.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
· Coordinate personnel security clearance requirements with US government entities
· Coordinate required security education for employees, to include initial security briefings and annual refresher training
· Process and maintain classified document accountability records and contracts (DD form 254, Contract Security Classification Specification) in a web-based database
· Coordinate shipping and packaging of classified material
· Assist with maintaining Honeywell Global Security (HGS) Compliance Management Systems databases used for contracts management, metrics, compliance data site profile, National Compliance Operations Center (NCOC) interface and training
· Participate in various government security reviews, conduct and document US government required self-inspections/audits and assist with any corrective actions required
· Assist with the coordination of the security aspects of construction and government approval for any controlled areas that are required by the business unit
· Assist with conducting and documenting investigations into compliance security violations and compromises of classified information
· Submit required reports to Honeywell management and the US government Sponsor
· Keep responsible HGS Security Management apprised of any security deficiencies or potential problem areas
· Provide feedback to various HGS Compliance Standardization Teams
· Assist with physical security maintenance and response
· The incumbent is required to deliver timely support services to the business unit's personnel
· 10% travel to customer sites for training and other HON sites (MN, VA, CO & NM)
YOU MUST HAVE:
· Bachelor’s degree
· Minimum 3 years of experience in a DOD or other industrial security program, and in-depth knowledge of the DOD or other government security regulatory manual
· Completion of a Government Industrial Security Course (Special Security Officer (SSO) or Facility Security Officer (FSO)
· Active TS/SCI FSP Clearance required on the first day
· Completion of the FSO Center for Development of Security Excellence (CDSE) courses and FSO Certification
· Thorough knowledge of the National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM), the NISPOM Overprint, the JAFAN 6 series directives, and Intelligence Community Directives (ICD).
· Experience with Defense Security Service Applications Joint Personnel Adjudication System (JPAS) and Industrial Security Facility Database (ISFD)
· Experience with utilizing database systems
· Educational background that includes a focus in security, compliance and/or criminal justice desired
· DSS Chapter 8 course or similar Automated Information System Security training
· Industrial Security Professional (ISP) certification.
· Good written and verbal communication skills
· Computer skills, to include Microsoft Office
· Six Sigma Green Belt Certification
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
- Honeywell Jobs