Kelly Services Research Animal Technician II in Gaithersburg, Maryland
Kelly is hiring a Research Animal Technician II for one of our pharmaceutical clients in Gaithersburg, Maryland.
Duration: 3 to 6 months;
• Observe appropriate safety and study requirements by reading, understanding and following Standard Operating Procedures (AST Guidelines), regulations and study protocols.
• Observe appropriate safety and health practices including personal protective equipment and barrier requirements. Review IACUC protocols and Experimental protocols. Determine the technical support needs and coordinate support with Lead Technicians or Principal Investigators.
• Perform daily health/mortality checks.
• Perform basic technical procedures independently such as SC, IV, IM, IP injections, and oral gavage.
• Perform blood collection procedures.
• Perform tissue collection procedures and euthanasia.
• Observe and examine animals for sign of disease, distress or pain.
• Record observations and body weights according to GLPs.
• Perform standard husbandry procedures as needed.
• Perform animal identification procedures.
• Maintain the animal facility in a clean and orderly condition.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the AST Manager.
• Interact effectively with other animal support staff and investigative staff.
• Recognize and identify opportunities to improve operations.
• Practice performing advanced technical or specialized procedures, such as imaging, surgical support or breeding
High school diploma or equivalent, AA, BA or BS degree in Biological sciences
LAT certification training
HS diploma plus least 4 years of research animal technical procedure experience
AA degree in biological sciences plus 2 years of research animal technical procedure experience
BA/BS degree plus 1 year of research animal technical procedure experience
• Knowledge of USDA, OLAW and AAALAC requirements
• Knowledge of hazardous, infectious and radioactive material handling
• Ability to lift objects frequently in performing daily work activities
• Ability to pull or push objects on a regular basis
• Ability to carry objects on a regular basis in the arms or on the shoulders
• Ability to grasp objects utilizing the fingers (fine motor manipulation)
• Ability to reach for objects above the head or below the waist.
• Ability to stoop of crouch by bending at the waist or by bending the legs
• Knowledge and use of protective equipment and safety procedures related to the possible exposure to dusts, viruses, tissues, chemicals, fumes, vapors, radiation and mists that could potentially affect the health of the employee
• Computer skills to include Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and Outlook
Medium. Understanding of safety requirements. Ability to humanely handle all species of laboratory animals. Ability to distinguish unhealthy animals from healthy animals. Ability to perform technical manipulations such as injections and blood collection.
Why Kelly ® ?
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it’s the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.
About Kelly ®
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits ?). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law. (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm)
- Kelly Services Jobs