Aerotek HVAC Technician in Franklinton, North Carolina
1st Shift Mon – Friday: 7 am – 330 pm – on call
Responsible for delivering effective, efficient, and timely delivery of the Company's line of services to multiple customers within an assigned geographic territory. Is provided a company van and tools and travels to a variety of customer sites to maintain commercial properties. In addition to performing minor carpentry, plumbing and electrical maintenance, Field Operations HVAC Technicians perform preventative, corrective and predictive maintenance, troubleshoot and service of commercial HVAC systems. HVAC Technicians perform tests and analysis of data to assure the proper functioning of equipment and provide recommendations as appropriate. Understands control operation, and sequence of operation for commercial HVAC systems. Utilizes multiple trade skills such as carpentry, plumbing, electrical, painting, and roofing, HVAC, and other skills as needed to solve maintenance problems. Has strong communication skills and is able to foster strong relationships with customers, vendors and team members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Complete thorough Preventative Maintenance Checks and Services on all standard package and split unit HVAC systems that are common among EFO's light commercial customers including but not limited to: inspection and repair/replacement of belts and pulleys, inspection and cleaning of condensate drain lines, testing power/performance of compressor, fan motor, blower motor, testing function and safety of burners/heat exchangers, function of all safety and operational controls.
• General repairs of steam/hot water boiler systems. Diagnose airflow and ducting repairs.
• Safe, efficient, and EPA compliant use of refrigerants in support of standard package and split unit HVAC systems that are common among EFO's light commercial customers.
• Safely diagnose and repair common mechanical, electrical, or system failure issues on standard boiler, package and split unit HVAC systems that are common among EFO's light commercial customers, including but not limited to: belts, pulleys, compressors, condensing units, circuity boards, contactors, leaks, safely un-sweating and brazing of copper components.
Complete preventative maintenance and repairs per work order requirements. Self performs the following duties in compliance company procedures, regulatory requirements and safety standards.
• Perform minor plumbing maintenance on existing systems (e.g. unclog toilets and drains, repair leaks in drains and faucets, replace toilets and faucet fixtures as needed, etc.).
• Perform routine painting, carpentry work, etc., as necessary to maintain our Client's facilities in like new condition (e.g. repair a hole in dry-wall, prep the area, and match the paint to present a uniform and original like new appearance).
• Perform minor electrical maintenance as allowed without a license within state law requirements (e.g. repair or replacement of fixtures, wall switches, and outlets. Replace light bulbs, ballasts and sockets if necessary).
• Complete service inspections and asset inspections as needed.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Fully utilizes technology (tablet, smartphone) to:
• Access and complete work orders including notes on services provided.
• Create and submit Service Reports and Quality Inspection images and reports.
• Submit timesheets, expense reports, and purchase card logs.
Obtains necessary materials and supplies to complete all tasks.
Creates a positive climate with the client, provides and generates customer satisfaction. Maintains timely and consistent communications with customer and internal support teams.
Obtains and completes EFS required safety and compliance training and attends weekly safety meetings.
Provides estimates for larger projects and services needed to onsite customer.
Completes other duties as assigned or required
5 years HVAC/General Maintenance experience including electrical, plumbing, carpentry required; or equivalent combination of training, education, and experience. Any combination of education, training, and experience which demonstrates ability to perform the duties and responsibilities as described including related work experience in one or more of the building trades.
Complete assigned work orders in a timely manner and communicate work order status via designated business process.
Ability to use and operate handheld device and business systems or document management Database software, including but not limited to Microsoft office, Lotus Notes, MS office (word, Excel).
Comply with all applicable codes, regulation, governmental agency and Company directives related to building operations and work safety. Performs assigned day-to-day repairs, emergency and preventive maintenance.
Maintain adequate knowledge of and comply with OSHA (Occupational Safety & Health Act) standards and Company safety policies at all times.
Experience in the installation, maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of building mechanical systems, including HVAC, plumbing and electrical systems.
Daily local travel between properties.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- Aerotek Jobs