UnityPoint Health Accreditation & Grants Coordinator in Fort Dodge, Iowa
UnityPoint Health-Fort Dodge
Accreditation and Grants Coordinator
This position would be responsible for all areas of compliance within Berryhill this includes regulation surrounding our CMHC accreditation, SUD Licensure, CLIA Waiver, Federal, State, and Local grant compliance and implementation, and assuring fidelity to Performance Improvement activities.
Essential functions are the duties and responsibilities that are essential to the position (not a task list). Do not include if less than 5% of work time is spent on this duty. Be specific without giving explicit instructions on how to perform the task. Do not include duties that are to be performed in the future. Duties should be action oriented and avoid vague or general statements.
% of Time
· Assure that Berryhill remains in good standing with the MHDS Division of DHS for our CMHC Accreditation
· Assure that Berryhill remains in good standing with IDPH for our SUD License.
· Assure that Berryhill maintains our CLIA Waiver status
· Assure that Berryhill maintains good standing with all Federal, State, and Local Grants. This includes the following:
o Serve as a project manager of grants
o Completing all periodic reports
o Working directly with grant Program Officers (i.e. government oversight officials) to assure that Berryhill is following all regulatory requirements for said grant. This may include revising contract budgets, seeking contract amendments, completing requested addendums to reports, and completing scope of work documents that outline timelines and deliverables for grant fulfillment
o Assisting in the identification and writing grant proposal for new and renewed grant opportunities
o May provide direct care as necessary to fulfill grant obligations
· Working with the UPH-FD privacy officer to assure that Berryhill complies with all Federal and State privacy regulation specifically related to regulation that is not covered in other healthcare service lines such as 42 CFR Part 2
· Other duties may be assigned as healthcare regulation changes. These include but are not limited to Understanding how Medicaid State Plan Amendments and MCO Provider Manuals impact Berryhill Operations
· Maintain positive working relationships with outside entities (e.g. DHS, IDPH, HRSA, SAMHSA, etc.)
· Utilize internal and external computer systems for grant reporting. (e.g. NOMS, MCO Portal, Analytics Launchpad, Epic reporting workbench, MS Excel, etc.)
· Work with Informatics to create reports as necessary
· Active Instructor for the Community Education Resource Center
· Other duties as assigned depending upon one’s professional background and abilities
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Demonstration of UPH Values and Standards of Behaviors
Consistently demonstrates UnityPoint Health’s values in the performance of job duties and responsibilities
· Leverage the skills and abilities of each person to enable great teams.
· Collaborate across departments, facilities, business units and regions.
· Seek to understand and are open to diverse thoughts and perspectives.
Own The Moment:
· Connect with each person treating them with courtesy, compassion, empathy and respect
· Enthusiastically engage in our work.
· Accountable for our individual actions and our team performance.
· Responsible for solving problems regardless of the origin.
· Commit to the best outcomes and highest quality.
· Have a relentless focus on exceeding expectations.
· Believe in sharing our results, learning from our mistakes and celebrating our successes.
· Embrace and promote innovation and transformation.
· Create partnerships that improve care delivery in our communities.
· Have the courage to challenge the status quo.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
Bachelor Degree Preferred
Community Mental Health Center Experience
Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
The ability to read, understand and put regulatory language into practice.
The ability to develop positive working relationships with regulatory bodies.
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Requisition ID: 2020-80698
Street: 802 Kenyon Rd
Name: 7020 UnityPoint Health Trinity Regional Medical Ctr
FLSA Status: Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: 8:00 am to 4:30 pm Monday through Friday
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org