General Electric Logistics Specialist (m/f) in Eysins, Switzerland
Role Summary:We are looking for a Logistics Specialist for our production site in Eysins near Nyon. The Logistics Specialist is responsible for managing shipments, reporting transportation metrics, identifying trends across global transportation methods and practices, providing visibility through projects and tools, ensuring that internal customers needs are met and that company policy and international trade compliance regulations are adhered to.
Continuous internal communication with global pole managers/transportation teams
Implementation of tools and dashboards for metric visibility and communication
Drive data analysis and business case development for key projects
Coordinating and communicating shipment delivery requirements with freight forwarders
Responsible for answering logistic cases/complaints on a timely manner
Responsible for timely, accurate and complete record keeping
Support standardization of transportation processes across the region
Working cross-functionally with sourcing, operations, supply chain and finance to identify improvement opportunities and implement successful changes
Release daily shipments, track picking, packing and shipping activities are completed in time with our 3PL
Be the main point of contact for our 3PL for any logistics matters in order to serve our customers worldwide in due time.
Support warehousing optimization/Lean projects
- Bachelor's Degree and 2 years of experience working in logistics, engineering, or supply chain management; OR a High School diploma/GED and 5 years of work experience in logistics, engineering, or supply chain management
- Experience in logistics or supply chain.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced changing environment.
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional, global team environment
- Bachelors in Logistics, Engineering or Supply Chain
- Demonstrated logistics leadership of multiple facilities in a similar industry
- Proven ability to work on cross-functional, multi-cultural teams
- Excellent project management, communication and analytical skills
- Ability to energize, develop and influence at all levels within an organization
About Us:GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.comAdditional Locations:Switzerland;Eysins;
- General Electric Jobs