NCR Customer Engineer in ENGLAND/UK VIRTUAL, United Kingdom
NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a leading software- and services-led enterprise provider in the financial, retail and hospitality industries. NCR is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, with 36,000 employees globally. NCR is a trademark of NCR Corporation in the United States and other countries.
TITLE: Customer EngineerLOCATION: SE LondonGRADE: 6
About NCR Corporation
NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a global technology company leading how the world connects, interacts and transacts with business. NCR’s assisted- and self-service solutions and comprehensive support services address the needs of retail, financial, travel, hospitality, gaming, public sector, telecom carrier and equipment organizations in more than 100 countries. NCR (www.ncr.com) is headquartered in Duluth, Georgia, USA.
• Field based Customer Engineer required to join London and South East network team. Ideally the candidate will be someone who has just completed qualifications within the IT, Computer Science or Engineering fields, A’ Levels, BTEC or similar.
• The successful candidate will be field based, travelling between sites and will receive necessary training to cover tasks where NCR install, upgrade, maintain, repair and service many different items of IT and networking equipment such as Routers, Switches, Servers and much more.
• The successful candidate will also be trained to upgrade, maintain, repair and service majority of the retail and fastlane equipment that we support giving the candidate knowledge and skills that are key in many areas of IT across the globe.
• This role is customer facing in a customer friendly but demanding environment so good communication skills are essential. Once trained to an appropriate level the successful candidate will be introduced to working with strict SLAs for a service delivered 24x7.
• High School Diploma or equivalent 0-1 years of related experience
• Ability to work with Microsoft Office suite; Experience on Windows XP, Windows 2000 operating systems required
• Experience in PC Hardware Maintenance and support
• A+ Certification ITE or Polytechnic in Electronics and Communications Engineering
• Works well with minimal supervision; Good problem solving skills; Ability to pick up new skills quickly; Ability to work under pressure; Ability to meet deadlines and produce high quality work
• Excellent interpersonal skills/customer relationship skills required High level of mechanical/electrical aptitude;
• Experience on maintaining computer hardware (Desktops, Servers, peripherals), routers, networks, switches, hubs required
• High level of personal integrity;
• Support and promote teamwork and cooperative effort
• Must have the ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, overtime, flex shifts, and on-call PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: • Associate’s Degree preferred• Previous experience in NCR or similar equipment is a plus• CCNA preferred
Offers of employment are conditional upon passage of screening criteria applicable to the job.
EEO StatementIntegrated into our shared values is NCR's commitment to diversity and equal employment opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, military service, genetic information, or any other characteristic or conduct protected by law. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party AgenciesTo ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
We are NCR. We power incredible experiences that make life easier. We're changing the way you bank, shop, eat and travel, enabling nearly 700 million transactions daily. How do we do it all? With iNCRedible people like you. A career here means embracing our culture and shared values, always seeking new adventures, and carving your own path. We've been around more than 130 years and we're just getting started. Join us as we build the future of omnichannel experiences, and have fun doing it!
- NCR Jobs