Cree Process Engineer Sustaining in Durham, North Carolina
Cree | Wolfspeed's Global Operations team is seeking a Process Sustaining Engineer. The engineer chosen for this position will be a key member of Cree | Wolfspeed's Fab Metals sustaining engineering team. This team is responsible for the process engineering functions of a 24X7 compound semiconductor fab operation.
Cree | Wolfspeed is unable to sponsor or transfer a visa for this position now or in the future.
Shift: Desired shift for this role is 2nd shift + one weekend day (Tuesday – Saturday schedule, 2PM-10PM)
What you can do for Cree | Wolfspeed
- Sustain and improve metals deposition and post deposition processes for LED device fabrication.
- Interface with equipment engineering, management and manufacturing to improve cycle time, tool availability, process/product yield, and drive cost reductions.
- Partner with product engineering and R&D to ensure effective new product and process introductions as well as consistent device performance and quality.
- Create and maintain operating specifications for production processes and equipment.
- Drive innovation and continuous improvement in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
What you need for success
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, or Equivalent.
- In-depth technical understanding of semiconductor processes and equipment.
- Working knowledge of metal deposition and associated processes.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule in support of 24x7 manufacturing.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- This position requires the lawful ability to access technical data, information, and areas controlled by United States export control laws and regulations.
Highly preferred skills and qualifications
- 2+ yrs. Wafer Fab Engineering Experience, ideally with compound semiconductors.
- Specific experience with metal deposition methods (sputter, evaporation, plating), processes and equipment experience.
- Experience with thickness and metal film analysis/measurement tools and sampling strategies.
- Excellent project management skills with demonstrated ability to identify manufacturing improvements, manage change, and implement solutions.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability and desire to assume a technical leadership role within the organization.
- Working knowledge of applied statistics (SPC/DOE)
- Experience with structured problem-solving methods including model-based, 8D, fishbone, and 5 whys.
This role may require additional duties and/or assignments as designated by management.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Cree | Wolfspeed is a powerhouse semiconductor company focused on silicon carbide and GaN technologies.
After more than thirty years of forging new technology adoption and transformation, our Wolfspeed® power and radio frequency (RF) semiconductors and lighting class LEDs are leading the industry through unrivaled expertise and capacity.