Sutter Health CPT Laboratory Assistant II in Dublin, California
PAMF-Palo Alto Medical Foundation ALD
Collects blood specimens, as well as receives, handles and processes specimens for Laboratory testing. Interacts with patients of diverse ages, backgrounds, values, beliefs and behavior. Receives, sorts and accessions specimens, assigning to appropriate pre-analytic and analytic workflow. Completes computerized tasks related to patient registration and/or test order entry, specimen collection, receiving and processing. Performs basic post-analytic tasks, including distributing reports, storing and/or retrieving specimens. Completes quality-related tasks such as documentation of work, maintaining a clean, stocked and safe work area, and monitoring pending work, as well as escalating priority work. Operates and/or uses basic pre-analytic lab equipment. Adheres to all local/state/federal regulations, codes, policies and procedures to ensure privacy and safety while delivering optimal patient care.
Job Description :
HS Diploma: High School or General Education Diploma (GED) or equivalent education/experience
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE
CPTI-Certified Phlebotomy Technician I
1 year recent relevant experience
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Knowledge and practice of standard principles, processes, procedures, and equipment related to:
1) ordering Laboratory testing,
2) collecting blood specimens,
3) compassionately and effectively interacting with patients,
4) handling and processing biological specimens routinely submitted to the Laboratory for analysis.
Ability to accurately, precisely, and reliably perform job duties and assigned tasks.
1) Ability to organize and prioritize job duties and assigned tasks for completion within expected timeframes.
2) Ability to compassionately and effectively interact with patients of diverse ages, backgrounds, values, beliefs and behaviors.
Workflow Management Ability to appropriately respond to:
1) fluctuations in volume,
2) unexpected situations or problems such as equipment or IS failure,
3) shift-to-shift hand-offs,
4) STAT test orders,
5) specimen integrity issues,
6) regular review of pending logs, priority assignments, etc.
Adherence to Practices & Procedures:
1) Ability to follow standard practices, processes, and procedures in sequence.
2) Knowledge of applicable local/state/federal regulations, codes, policies, and procedures aimed at ensuring the privacy and safety of patients.
Applied Job Knowledge, Critical Thinking & Problem Solving:
1) Solid critical thinking in applying knowledge and decision-making.
2) Knowledge of and ability to recognize and appropriately escalate complex and unusual deviations, problems, unusual occurrences and unexpected outcomes.
3) Effective verbal and written communication skills.
4) Ability to work in a collaborative setting where the communication of current, factual, and relevant work information is required.
Pay Range: 30.69 - 38.35
The salary range for this role may vary above or below the posted range as determined by location. This range has not been adjusted for any specific geographic differential applicable by area where the position may be filled. Compensation takes into account several factors including but not limited to a candidate’s experience, education, skills, licensure and certifications, department equity, training and organizational needs. Base pay is just one piece of the total rewards program offered by Sutter Health. Eligible roles also qualify for a comprehensive benefits package.
Days of the Week:
Friday, Monday, Thursday, Tuesday, Wednesday
Number of Openings:
Sutter Health is an equal opportunity employer EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national origin (including possession of a driver's license issued to individuals who did not present proof of authorized presence in the U.S.), age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screening. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
- Sutter Health Jobs