Henry Ford Health System Registered Nurse / Pulmonary Unit / Detroit / 36 hours Midnight Shift in Detroit, Michigan
The Pulmonary unit at Henry Ford Hospital has an RN opportunity for the midnight shift.
This is a 30 bed medical unit for pulmonary patients with COPD, asthma, pneumonia, pulmonary embolism, tracheostomy, chest tubes, CHF, pulmonary hypertension, and post lung transplants who are 2 months or longer post op.
Henry Ford Hospital’s top priorities are patient safety, patient care, and customer service. Zero harm. 100% reliability.
Catheter associated urinary tract infections (CAUTI’s) have continued to decrease for the last 4 years.
Nurses are educated and trained on fall prevention procedures and hospital acquired pressure injuries (HAPI’s).
The hospital has a designated PICC team who continually work to decrease central line associated blood stream infections (CLABSI’s).
A designated IV team within the hospital does the majority of IV insertions.
A designated Rapid Response team handles all patient codes.
• Position: 36 hours per week
• Shift: Midnights/Three 12 hour shifts 7 pm to 7:30 am / every other weekend schedule
• Benefits: Full time benefit package
• BSN preferred. 6 months or more of licensed RN experience.
• Graduation from an accredited school of nursing.
• Current Michigan RN license.
• BLS certified
• Clinical knowledge and analytical abilities necessary to formulate effective nursing care plans.
• High level customer service skills with patients and family members.Overview Henry Ford Health System, one of the largest and most comprehensive integrated U.S. health care systems, is a national leader in clinical care, research and education. The system includes the 1,200-member Henry Ford Medical Group, five hospitals, Health Alliance Plan (a health insurance and wellness company), Henry Ford Physician Network, a 150-site ambulatory network and many other health-related entities throughout southeast Michigan, providing a full continuum of care. In 2015, Henry Ford provided $299 million in uncompensated care. The health system also is a major economic driver in Michigan and employs more than 24,600 employees. Henry Ford is a 2011Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award recipient. The health system is led by President and CEO Wright Lassiter III. To learn more, visitHenryFord.com. Benefits Whether it's offering a new medical option, helping you make healthier lifestyle choices or making the employee enrollment selection experience easier, it's all about choice. Henry Ford Health System has a new approach for its employee benefits program - My Choice Rewards. My Choice Rewards is a program as diverse as the people it serves. There are dozens of options for all of our employees including compensation, benefits, work/life balance and learning - options that enhance your career and add value to your personal life. As an employee you are provided access to Retirement Programs, an Employee Assistance Program (Henry Ford Enhanced), Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off, Employee Health and Wellness, and a whole host of other benefits and services. Employee's classified as contingent status are not eligible for benefits. Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer Henry Ford Health System is committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, size, height, weight, marital status, family status, gender identity, sexual orientation, and genetic information, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.