Southwest Airlines Company Accountant II in Dallas, Texas
Southwest will provide a stable work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. Employees will be provided the same concern, respect, and caring attitude within the organization that they are expected to share externally with every Southwest Customer.
Performs financial accounting activities such as preparing and recording journal entries, financial statements, monthly account reconciliations; researching and analyzing financial data with limited supervision, and communicating with Finance Leaders. Prepares documentation and analytics to validate and support internal and external financial reporting.
• Must be able to meet any physical ability requirements listed on this description.
• May perform other job duties as directed by Employee's Leaders.
• Financial Analytics
· Prepares and presents complex analysis and reports; communicates how conclusions were drawn and the impact of recommendations
· Explains variances in accordance with internal and external requirements providing a clear understanding to Leadership about the financial position and results of the Company
· Analyzes third party feedback and researches internally to resolve disputes and correct errors
• Accounting Process Expertise
· Records entries and performs analysis to complete the financial close process with limited guidance and supervision
· Performs or prepares analysis to assess accuracy, completeness and conformance to procedural standards
· Requests financial support to prepare and tie- out financial statements for internal/external filings
• Regulatory Compliance
· Demonstrates consistency and accuracy required to complete reconciliations autonomously
· Assists internal/external auditors with audit function
· Communicates clear knowledge of regulations for assigned desk
· Understands technical accounting guidance and can document application of guidance
• Understands the underlying technology that supports the business process and is able to participate in test case definition, testing of technology solutions, and communicate effectively with technology counterparts
High School Diploma or GED
Accounting or Finance
Accounting or Finance
Years of Experience
Accounting experience with some public accounting experience preferred
SEC/DOT reporting experience
Experience with technical accounting areas
• CPA preferred
• Ability to perform work duties from [limited space work station/desk/office area] for extended periods of time
• Ability to use a computer with sufficient speed and accuracy to meet the demands of the job
• Ability to bend, stand, and sit for extended periods of time
• Ability to communicate and interact with others in the English language to meet the demands of the job
• Ability to travel long hallways in large buildings and in between campus buildings
• Professional Competencies:
• Ensures Accountability
· Manages time effectively through organizing work and seeking guidance as needed to resolve issues/questions in order to meet deadlines
· Establishes personal best practices to manage responsibilities
· Supports and provides help to the Team to ensure accuracy and completeness of tasks
• Communicates Effectively
· Updates account narratives and process documentation to explain their desk responsibilities from beginning to end
· Creates financial spreadsheets, charts and reports that contain relevant accounting and financial performance data with some supervision and guidance
· Articulates how research and analysis was performed in preparing analytics in support of financial reporting
• Manages Complexity
· Handles situations of complexity with guidance from senior- level Accountants and/or Supervisor
· Proactively uses resources to learn, understand, and investigate issues related to completing the financial close process
· Asks the right questions to accurately analyze situations
• Must maintain a well-groomed appearance per Company appearance standards as described in established guidelines.
• Must be a U.S. citizen or have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Must be able to comply with Company attendance standards as described in established guidelines.
• Must meet confidentiality expectations as to confidential, proprietary, and sensitive Company information.
• Must have flexibility to work extended hours during the week and weekend, including Company holidays, during quarterly close or special projects.
Please print/save the job description because it won’t be available after you apply
Southwest Airlines is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Post Begin Date 4 days ago (2/23/2021 3:25 PM)
Requisition ID 2021-33798
Employment Type Regular Full-Time
It is also the policy of Southwest Airlines to provide equal opportunity to all individuals and not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status.
Southwest Airlines Company
- Southwest Airlines Company Jobs