Symantec Tech Support Engineer - Symantec in Dalian, China
• Provides standard to moderately complex technical support to field engineers and customers. Provides standard to moderately complex technical support to field engineers and customers.
• Analyzes technical support problems and identifies customer and internal needs.
• Participate in new product releases and beta cycles to ensure information and training requirements are met to support new products.
• Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of identifiable factors.
• Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
• Bachelor's Degree + 3 years relevant experience, or a minimum of five years technical experience, or four years technical experience plus certification(s) (i.e. MCSE, MCP, CNE, CCNA) that sufficiently demonstrates ability to analyze, meet deadlines, and problem solve in a product support environment.
• The Ideal candidate will be fully familiar with Symantec products and architecture, able to troubleshoot and identify complex network and software issues.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication, customer service, and troubleshooting skills are required for this position as well as organizational skills, high-level troubleshooting, and the ability to meet deadlines.
• Desired Other Skills include: Oracle, MCSE, A+ certification, CNE, Exchange, Windows based Servers, Novell NetWare, Unix/Linux based Operating Systems, DNS, TCP/IP, routing and IPX/SPX Networking and a working knowledge of network and computer security.
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Relentlessly protect the world’s information. Make a difference at Symantec. Across the globe, we are an ‘essential’ partner to both consumers and businesses of all sizes. We combine our talents, our brains, and our creative energy to reinforce our place as a world-class technical community.
Our most critical asset at Symantec is the talent we hire - you! We look for people who have a desire to excel and reflect our values: Innovation, Action, Customer-Driven, and Trust. We recognize that every opening in our company is a chance to increase Symantec's competitive advantage, and we are willing to invest in you in order to win.
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Symantec will respond to requests for reasonable accommodations to assist you in applying for positions at Symantec, or to submit a resume. If you need to request an accommodation, please contact HR Service Exchange at https://symantec.service-now.com/hrp/ .
EEO is the Law. Applicants and employees of Symantec Corporation are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf to find out more.