Leonardo DRS, Inc. Principal Electrical Engineer - Digital IC Design Engineer in Cypress, California
Job ID: 101543
The Electro Optical Infrared Systems (EOIS) line of business within DRS has locations in Dallas, TX, Melbourne, FL, and Cypress, CA. EOIS develops, manufactures, and supports infrared and electro-optical solutions for surveillance, targeting, and space applications. We offer an exciting and challenging work environment, a competitive salary and benefits package, and a business culture that rewards performance.
Employing the world’s brightest. Supporting the world’s bravest.
DRS Network & Imaging Systems, LLC is seeking a Principal Electrical Engineer to join our team in Cypress, CA. In this role, you will be responsible for the design, development, modification, and analysis/circuit simulations of Readout Integrated Circuit (ROIC) for visible and infrared imaging Focal Plane Arrays (FPA).
Basic Qualifications and Required Skills
• Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related technical field
• Eight (8) or more years of experience in the area of digital design with Cadence virtuoso tools
• Experience in designing high speed differential CML I/O (1.6Gbps to 3.2Gbps) with SerDes architectures with 8b10b encoding
• Experience in designing PLL’s, SRAM, binary and grey code counters
• Experience in designing Digital control blocks for ADC’s
• Knowledge and thorough understanding of “Top Down” design methodology in combining foundry standard cells and 3rd Party IP blocks with custom analog ASIC blocks
• Experience in IC design working at cryogenic temperatures (80 Kelvin and lower)
• Fluency with VHDL, Verilog, and other hardware description languages
This position requires access to information that cannot be released to foreign nationals (NOFORN). Therefore, no foreign nationals are eligible. U.S. citizenship is required.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Involved in specifications and architecture of the ROIC
• Provide guidance and direction to project IC designers
• Design and conduct behavioral modeling and transistor-level feasibility studies for various blocks in the ROIC and FPA
• Prepare material for and lead formal design reviews
• Drive mask design to implement layout view of designs
• Compile and evaluate block-level and top-level simulations to verify functionality and performance goals
• Deﬁne bench-level test plans
• Perform circuit characterization and validation in a lab environment
• Drive review of yield/lab test results to ﬁx bugs
• Provide full support throughout the product life cycle
• Provide budget, cost and schedule input for design assignments
• Specify and evaluate supplier components, subsystems and services
• Drive the program design to cost and design for manufacture requirements
• Participate in preparation of proposals
• Provide technical knowledge and assistance to other engineers and support personnel
• Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
• Other duties as assigned
Preferred Skills and Experience
• Design for visible and infrared imaging read out IC’s preferred
• Experience with Cypress, Skywater, Tower/Jazz, ON semiconductor foundries preferred
Leonardo DRS, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. We are committed to building a workplace where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. At Leonardo DRS, we believe that a diverse and inclusive environment makes us a stronger Company. We embrace different points of view, respect one another in the workplace, and understand that an inclusive environment furthers creativity, innovation, and business performance. #EOIS
Leonardo DRS, Inc.
- Leonardo DRS, Inc. Jobs