WestRock Maintenance Mechanic in Cowpens, South Carolina
Maintenance mechanic will perform preventive maintenance, standard rebuilds, welding, precision measurements and all other job related duties to ensure the paper mill runs as efficiently as possible.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides a consistent and reliable service to all customers with a sense of urgency as required.
- Enforces and follows plant safety regulation including housekeeping, safe operating conditions and safe work practice.
- Perform routine equipment repairs and preventive maintenance activities.
- Operating equipment such as hoists, man-lifts, rigging equipment, cranes and fork lifts.
- Installing new and rebuilt equipment as required.
- Working in a team environment interacting with other maintenance employees, management personnel, production operators, engineers and contractors.
- Following work plans and schedules, and read P&ID's / mechanical drawings.
- Understanding the goals of the maintenance department and work toward their successful achievement.
- Have a good working understanding of precision measuring equipment.
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on motors, pneumatic equipment, conveyor systems, and production machinery; following diagrams, sketches, operation manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Locates sources of problem by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Knowledge of millwright, pipe fitting skills, with welding skills in the pulp and paper industry or similar industrial environment.
- Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Attend any seminars and or short courses to stay current with the continuous change in technology.
- Perform similar and related duties.
- Two (2) to five (5) years of full time experience as a general mechanic; a combination of millwright, pipe fitting skills, with welding skills in the pulp and paper industry or similar industrial environment.
- Willing to work in a hot, humid, cold and noisy industrial environment.
- Willing to perform repetitive and physically demanding tasks for extended periods (lifting, walking, climbing, pushing, twisting, and stopping)
- Willing to wear necessary Personal Protective Equipment (safety glasses, ear plugs, steel toe boot, etc.
- Willing to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations.
- Ability to work any shift, to include but not limited to: rotating shifts, variable start times, evenings, weekends, holidays, and/or overtime.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Computer knowledge and experience in CMMS
- Excellent safety record and commitment to safety.
- Proven troubleshooting skills
- Problem solving ability
- Initiative self-starter
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.