Amazon Web Services Security Engineer, Research and Automation in Courbevoie, France
Amazon Data Services France is looking for a highly motivated Security Engineer to help build and scale security, while responding to security issues across the largest cloud provider in the world.
Amazon customers demand the highest quality and reliability for their services. We continually look for way to invent and simplify to scale AWS security as it expands, while driving complex issues to resolution.
As an Operational Research Security Engineer you will be expected to drive operational excellence in everything we do. This includes creating sane processes, procedures and automation to improve efficiency in our day-to-day tasks and projects. You will work closely on supporting internal customers, ensuring that their needs and issues are being addressed.
As a team member, you are part of an oncall rotation to provide critical support for Security Operations team. You also perform research to enhance the stance of Security, and the efficiency of GuardDuty for our internal customers.
You will be integral to developing and improving incident and change management within the security space. Responsibilities include driving initiatives regarding improvements to existing tools & processes and providing feedback on new practices & procedures in order to scale with the rapid expansion of the Amazon platform and customer base. You will be in charge of expanding the operationalisation of GuardDuty for the whole AWS organisation.
As an Operational Research Security Engineer you will be expected to drive quality into the metrics we report to assist us in focusing on the areas that give us the best ROI. This includes measurement of our project plans, issues, and cycle times.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
· BS degree in Computer Science, MIS, Computer Engineering, (or) 5+ years’ equivalent technology experience
· 3 + years experience building scalable incident response utilities and tools for internal use that enable your fellow Security Engineers to operate at high speed and wide scale
· 5 years’ experience with focus in areas such as systems, network, and/or application security
· 3 + years experience with web protocols and Linux/Unix tools and architecture
· 3+ years experience in host, network and application security
· 2+ years experience building automated tools in any of these languages: C, C++, Python, Perl, and/or Ruby
· A MS degree in Computer Science, MIS, Computer Engineering, or 8+ years’ equivalent technology experience.
· A high degree of organisation and be very detail-oriented. Must be able to interact with and influence people at all levels.
· Previous experience on a Security Operations team, or experience coordinating responses to security incidents
· Autonomously utilising excellent project management skills.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Extensive knowledge of internet security issues and threat landscape
· Experience with virtualisation technologies, familiarity with AWS and GuardDuty services is highly valued in particular
· Strong knowledge of web protocols and an in-depth knowledge of Linux/Unix tools and architecture
· Well-rounded background in host, network and application security
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Amazon Web Services
- Amazon Web Services Jobs