Corning Incorporated S&T Knowledge Management Manager in Corning, New York
S&T Knowledge Management Manager
- Please wait...
Date: May 4, 2021
Location: Corning, NY, US, 14831
Requisition Number: 46640
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise inspecialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
At Corning, our growth is fueled by a commitment to innovation. We succeed through sustained investment in research & development, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges. We are a four-time National Medal of Technology winner thanks to our technology leadership and R&D environment, which attract and enable the best scientific minds in the world. This pipeline of talent has brought life-changing innovation to your fingertips for more than 160 years.
SCOPE OF POSITION
S&T Knowledge Management Manager will be a leader to develop and implement a global strategy to grow, enhance and drive use of S&T knowledge management solutions to improve the capture, retrieval, growth, leverage and protection of S&T knowledge and information. This role will ensure controls are in place to protect all business information S&T handles at the highest level, while also ensuring access to information. This role requires engagement and collaboration across the Technology Community, Corning businesses and functions including Corning Information Security, Global Security, IT, Law Dept and HR teams to address risks, implement processes and tools to ensure security yet provide access, ensure compliance and drive improvements.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Facilitate S&T knowledge management strategic planning
• Work closely with Corning’s global research and development functions to develop a comprehensive map of Corning’s critical internal and external knowledge sources and repositories. Develop methods, systems and knowledge structure to support the effective development and management of these repositories.
• Develop metrics and feedback assessments to evaluate the utilization and effectiveness of knowledge management processes and systems. Develop and deliver improvement objectives to realize greater utilization and value of Corning’s knowledge systems.
• Develop approaches for ensuring access while also ensuring security. Must have understanding and appreciation of R&D work, for balanced perspective about access and security.
• Promote knowledge capture and reuse through operational and business processes
• Maintain and improve S&T knowledge management strategy, processes, templates and tools to support S&T use cases to improve the capture, retrieval, growth, leverage and protection of S&T knowledge
• Establish and manage change management processes to create awareness of behaviors and culture needed to promote knowledge management practices that capture and curate knowledge to advance innovation today and into the future
• Proactively engage with Corning Information Security, IT, Law Dept, Material Informatics and Data Analytics, and Corning businesses to identify information security risks, provide feedback to shape information security enterprise policy, standards and tool roadmap, and identify solutions to securely capture, retrieve, grow and leverage S&T knowledge.
• Champion user-experience centered design of interfaces for ingesting, curating, and accessing information.
• Provide strategic and operational leadership of the Information Security and Export Control Compliance and Technical Information Center groups for the global S&T organization
• Ensure that all systems supporting knowledge management work in an integrated fashion and are appropriately supported and developed to guarantee a high and ongoing level of efficiency benefit to the organization in partnership with IT
• Functional leader for internal knowledge sharing repositories (i.e., technical reports, electronic lab notebook system, paper lab notebooks, archive of assorted S&T publications, etc.) as well as access to various external databases, repositories, and subscriptions. Conduct ongoing analysis and external negotiations to ensure access to external collections and subscriptions are most relevant to Technology Community employees
• Partner with the Innovation organization to ensure the capture of learning and knowledge upon completion of all significant projects
• Proactively engage with IT to understand Corning’s knowledge/collaboration tool solution roadmap and adapt S&T knowledge management solutions to work effectively in the new environments, understand the value / use cases of Corning enterprise tools, and communicate the benefits to S&T workforce
• Proactively develop global network across Corning’s research and development functions
• Ability to develop and implement strategy and think strategically in terms of culture and behavior, business processes, technology, and tools
• Excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills; ability to effectively present information to all levels of the organization
• Established track record of working collaboratively across multiple businesses/functions and corporate teams at all levels of the organization
• Understanding of the principles of knowledge management and information security
• Understanding / familiarity of the processes and principles of innovation and scientific discovery
• Ability to build partnerships, influence, and build credibility and trust while driving outcomes and holding self and others accountable
• Appreciation of customer needs at both operational and strategic levels
• Ability to lead, coach and develop people
• Proven track record of effectively interacting with senior management
• Project management skills with the ability to juggle multiple tasks and competing priorities in a fast-changing environment.
• Ability to perform role with high degree of discretion and integrity
• Knowledge of Corning information technology systems, information management and collaboration tools
• Ability to leverage information technology to improve knowledge sharing and search
• Ability to promote a knowledge sharing culture
• Manages conflict resolution effectively; Interpersonal savvy
• Ability to respond to changing priorities quickly and work with agility
• Impeccable leadership, managerial and interpersonal skills
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Information Security, Information Science, Knowledge Management or equivalent and 10+ years’ experience
TRAVEL: None anticipated
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Nearest Major Market: Corning
- Please wait...
- Corning Incorporated Jobs