YMCA of Greater Houston Outreach Worker I-Willis in Conroe, Texas
Assist with providing quality childcare in after-school outreach sites located throughout the city by teaching values, ensuring safety and facilitating structured play and educational activities with the children, in accordance with state requirements and YMCA policy. Assist with providing a quality experience to children and parents that focuses on youth development, including the YMCA core values: honesty, respect, responsibility, caring, and faith.
1. Implements curriculum within the established guidelines.
2. Distribution of snacks to children during snack time.
3. Assists children with homework.
4. Facilitates both formal and informal play within the center and outdoors.
5. Supervises children under the direction of the Site Lead.
6. Assists in creating daily/weekly lesson plans.
7. Collects data for daily reports and maintains program records.
8. Assists Site Lead and counselor(s) with the set-up and breakdown of activity centers and cleaning of the program area.
9. Adheres to program standards including safety and cleanliness standards.
10. Maintains positive relations with children, parents, school personnel, and other staff.
11. Acts as a role model to the children by exemplifying the YMCA’s five core values.
An Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled.
Posting ID 86136925836
Job Category Child Care-Before/After School