MassMutual Information Security Analyst in Columbus, Ohio
We’re growing and our clients deserve the best. As a Security Operations Center (SOC) analyst you’ll have an opportunity to part of a growing team of Cybersecurity analysts who are passionate about protecting MassMutual’s assets and customers by leveraging problem solving skills and innovative technology solutions. In this role, as well as all roles within MassMutual, you will demonstrate accountability, agility, a dedication to be inclusive, a strong business acumen, and will show courage, even in the most difficult situations. We also highly value strong communication skills, a passion for learning, leadership traits, resilience, and self-awareness.
What success looks like.
· Supporting MassMutual’s Security Operations Center by leveraging industry leading security tools and your knowledge of Cybersecurity threats to prepare, identify, contain, eradicate, and recover from security incidents.
· Cultivate and maintain relationships with internal and external teams to support the SOC’s mission
· Continuously identifying opportunities for further improvement (lessons learned) and automation
What your days and weeks will include.
· Perform monitoring for cybersecurity related technologies generating alerts for potential security events requiring investigation
· Perform technical analysis for cybersecurity events requiring deeper investigation
· Perform Malware analysis and extract Indicators of Compromise (IOCs) to feed our Threat Intelligence Platform
· Learning about the MassMutual business and technology environment in order to detect anomalous behavior from standard expected activity
· Identify, classify, and document adversary Tactics, Techniques and Procedures (TTPs)
· Work collaboratively with our Security Intelligence team to enrich and enhance prevention, detection, and threat hunting capabilities
· Partner with our Security Platforms team to develop playbooks required to successfully respond to specific threats
· Optimize Alerting platforms through tuning of alerting logic
The skills that make you a great fit.
· High School Diploma
· High level knowledge of Cybersecurity attack and defense techniques
· Understanding of living off the land techniques used by adversaries, using tools such as PowerShell, WMIC, Task Scheduler, Windows Registry etc.
· Interest in continuous learning and a passion for Cybersecurity
· Ability to apply problem solving skills to support analysis and detection efforts
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Experience and confidence with communicating with and presenting to senior leadership
· Ability to work (4) 10 hour days 1 pm - 12 am
· Bachelor’s degree in a related field
· Certifications: CISSP, CISM, CISA, GCIH, GIAC
· Knowledge of and practical experience with the MITRE ATT&CK framework
· Python, PowerShell or other scripting languages
· Functional knowledge of how operating systems (Windows, Mac, Linux).
· Experience working with a SIEM platform
· Understanding of web application vulnerabilities including XSS, CSRF, SQL Injection, command injection and serialization attacks
· Strong understand of web authentication flows such as SAML and OAUTH
· Understanding of automated attacks such as credential stuffing and site scraping
target job salary $64,700.00 - $113,200.00
MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.
- MassMutual Jobs