KeyBank Branch Manager-Colorado Springs, Colorado Area in Colorado Springs, Colorado
1521 South 8th Street - Colorado Springs, Colorado 80906
ABOUT THE JOB (JOB BRIEF):
At Key, we have the opportunity to bring ease value and expertise to our clients by helping them have confidence and the peace of mind to dream big. As a Branch Manager at Key, you create an engaging environment for clients and employees, develop the skills and confidences required of a high-performing team and profitably grow the business through helping new and existing clients achieve their financial goals.
The Branch Manager reports to the Area Retail Leader. The primary focus of the role is to build, coach, develop, lead and motivate a team that is capable of providing excellent client service in all interactions, analyzing clients’ needs, and recommending financial solutions that help Key clients achieve confidence in their financial wellness and achieve their goals. The Branch Manager is accountable for branch operations and compliance by providing direction and guidance to branch staff on operational/regulatory procedures, ensuring compliance with operational, security, audit procedures, and timely completion of branch operational tasks. Responsible for managing, staffing, and scheduling all direct report work schedules within the branch. The Branch Manager leads his/her team through consistent execution of the Branch Playbook to deliver on Branch Goals. Will serve as a market leader in the local community and/or designated business area.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Branch Staffing & Performance Coaching
• Responsible for the staffing of the branch, including recruiting/identifying talent, interviewing and selecting the branch team
• Partner with Area Retail Leader and Operations Leader to ensure staffing levels are aligned to staffing model
• Instill Key’s vision and values with branch team
• Create an engaging environment for clients and employees
• Responsible for daily execution of the branch playbook
• Develop a comprehensive understanding of client needs by utilizing the Financial Wellness Guide and recommends products and services to help the client achieve their financial goals
• Grow the business through tactics – Retention, Expansion and Acquisition
• Develop centers of influence and networks in the community to identify prospective client referrals
• Lead in daily branch huddles and hold team accountable to related activities and expectations
• Develop branch staff through observational coaching sessions, joint sales calls and using the coaching model and developing/utilizing individual development plans
• Responsible for developing the branch team’s understanding of Key’s products and services, Key’s sales and service process and the competitive landscape
• Execute a consistent disciplined coaching and performance management process providing training and recognizing/rewarding high performers
• Lead by example and ensure consistent delivery of distinctive service for all clients
• Develop the skills and confidences required of a high-performing team and profitably grow the business through enduring client relationships
• Responsible for successful onboarding and training of new employees
• Develop strong partnerships with Operations Leaders, Financial Advisors, Mortgage Advisors, Small Business colleagues and other line of business partners focusing on client acquisition and deepening the relationship of current clients; effectively manage internal and external COIs
• Provide guidance and direction to branch staff positions to ensure compliance of regulatory, security and internal controls, which includes timely completion of all branch operations tasks
• Ensure satisfactory (or better) branch audits
• Review and certify completion of continuity and recovery activities
• Ensure the branch focuses on operational processes to enhance the client experience
• Report and follow up on branch facility issues that hinder branch operations
• Monitor and coach customer service behaviors to exceed service measurement goals within the branch
• Provide opportunities for the service staff to observe sales interaction
• Accountable for daily NSF review/weekly overdraft monitoring
• Ensure that the Branch operations are operating effectively/efficiently, maintain compliance, reporting requirements and client needs are being met
• Manage employee hours worked in accordance to and compliant with Key’s time tracking policies
Non Business and Business Intensive Branches:
• High School Diploma or 3 years of branch management experience
• 3 years experience in a sales capacity with a demonstrated ability to lead and coach a successful sales team.
• General understanding of financial statements and concepts
• Demonstrated understanding of consumer credit including loan to value, debt to income and credit reports
• Demonstrated ability to leverage Centers of Influence (COIs) to further promote business
• Demonstrated experience with influencing business partners, as this role will require significant influence of partners such as Key Investment Services, Mortgage and Business Banking sales professionals
• Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and possess strong public speaking skills
• Working knowledge of PC (MS Windows and Office Products)
• Ability to work branch hours to include weekends and occasional evenings
• Physical Requirements: Ability to routinely and frequently operate a motor vehicle with a valid driver’s license in order to make outside sales calls, ability to communicate face to face and on the phone with clients, frequent use of hands to manipulate/grasp objects, occasional bending and lifting from floor height, frequent lifting of 1 – 10 lbs., occasional lifting of up to 30 lbs.
Additional Responsibilities for Business Intensive Branches:
• Demonstrated small business deposit/credit experience and familiarity with small business operations
Note: Employees in this job are required to comply with all rules and regulations of The Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 (The SAFE Act). Employees hired or transferring into this position will need to meet the qualification requirements, in Key's sole discretion, under Reg. Z, prior to acting as a loan originator in a consumer credit transaction secured by a dwelling. Qualification requirements include but are not limited to an assessment of overall financial responsibility, character, and general fitness through review of a criminal background check, credit report, and information about any administrative, civil, or criminal findings by any government jurisdiction.
• 3 Years of managerial experience in Retail or Financial Services Industries
• Undergraduate degree in business related field
• FINRA Series 6 and 63 investment licenses*
• State Insurance License*
*Investment products are offered through Key Investment Services LLC (KIS), member FINRA/SIPC. Insurance products are offered through KeyCorp Insurance Agency USA, Inc. (KIA). KIS and KIA are affiliated with KeyBank National Association (KeyBank).
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
This position is eligible to earn a base salary in the range of $60,000 to $85,000 annually depending on job-related factors such as level of experience. Compensation for this role also includes eligibility for short-term incentive compensation and deferred incentive compensation subject to individual and company performance. . Please click here (https://www.key.com/kco/images/Key_Benefit_Eligibility_Chart.pdf) for a list of benefits for which this position is eligible.
KeyCorp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other protected category.
Qualified individuals with disabilities or disabled veterans who are unable or limited in their ability to apply on this site may request reasonable accommodations by emailing HR_Compliance@keybank.com .