Kiewit Corporation Field/Office Engineer Intern - Eastern District (Summer 2022) in Cleveland, Ohio
Requisition ID: 135481
Job Level: Internship
Department: Project Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time Temporary
An Intern position with Kiewit provides a hands-on learning experience directly related to the skills needed in a full-time construction career. You will have the opportunity to develop, participate and learn key roles and functions within construction management. Some responsibilities may include, but are not limited to; reviewing shop drawings, submittals, schedules, take offs, pay requests, contract changes and project documentation.
Our mission is to make a difference and we offer opportunities for you to make one too through our construction operations. Whether we’re boring tunnels through mountains, turning rivers into energy or building bridges that connect communities, we depend on our passionate, skilled, and safety-obsessed construction professionals to get it done right. You bring your big ideas, commitment to top quality, and an unwavering work ethic. In return, we offer huge career and travel opportunities and the satisfaction of building the next big thing from the ground up. There’s a reason
Kiewit attracts the best: we offer fast-paced excitement and fulfillment you won’t find anywhere else.
Kiewit’s Eastern District specializes in challenging heavy civil construction projects throughout the Northeast, including the metropolitan areas of New York, Chicago, Boston, and Washington DC. We are leaders in bridge, transit, foundation, tunnel, and water/wastewater construction while specializing in cast-in-place concrete, structural steel erection, earthwork, pile driving, and caissons. Kiewit’s Eastern District also has a large amount of work in the energy/power sector in various northeast locations. With our experienced and dedicated employees, extensive resources and in-depth market knowledge, the Eastern District can handle projects of any size.
Kiewit Eastern District is currently seeking Engineer Interns for their Fall 2021 Intern Program! Kiewit’s Eastern District primarily performs heavy civil projects in infrastructure & energy, specializing in transportation, roadways, rail, power and water/wastewater while developing builders to lead the future of our company.
Kiewit is a company that goes where the work is, which means a career with us can take you and your family to exciting parts of North America – and maybe even beyond. Eastern District’s work predominately exists within the Great Lakes Area and the Northeast. Job assignment location will be determined closer to your start date. Must be able to travel and relocate as frequently as business needs require. These projects are happening in large cities and small towns, so you have a chance to experience it all!.
• Field engineering, operation planning, cost control, project scheduling, quantity tracking, material procurement, contract administration, estimating & supervision of field activities
• Performing engineering tasks requiring standard techniques and handling minor problems of a technical nature arising during construction
• Maintaining records as required regarding job progress, costs, material usage, etc.
• Planning and scheduling of job and/or job segments
• Investigating problems and/or reported incidents; identifying and recommending solutions/alternatives as appropriate
• Reviewing plans and specifications to determine material requirements (quantities and qualities), pricing of materials, etc.
• Working with suppliers as required facilitating the handling and expediting delivery of materials
• Pursuing a degree in Construction Management or Civil, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
• Must be willing to relocate for first assignment and throughout career as we operate on a national scale not a regional one
• Committed to the construction industry and not the design industry- this is a hands on, construction career
• Interest in heavy civil/transportation construction; such as highways, airports, mass transit systems, canals, dams, tunnels, earthwork, structural concreate, pipeline, etc.
• Knowledge and passion for construction safety (OSHA certification preferred)
• Working knowledge of computers and experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
• Strong organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills
• Strong written and verbal communications skills
• Good attention to detail, with the ability to recognize discrepancies
• Strong work ethic - willing to do what it takes to get the job done. This position will require more than 40 hours/week.
• The ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates, environment and terrain
- Absent an approved exemption, due to federal, state, local, provincial and/or client-requirements, this position may require an individual to be fully vaccinated by an FDA-approved or authorized COVID-19 vaccine or undergo weekly testing upon hire and as a condition of continued employment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Kiewit Corporation Jobs