Hilton Security Officer (Third Shift) - Palmer House a Hilton Hotel in Chicago, Illinois
The Palmer House a Hilton Hotel is looking for a dedicated and ambitious Security Officer to join and lead the Overnight Security Team!
Palmer House a Hilton Hotel's History
The story of downtown Chicago’s Palmer House Hilton is one of romance and undeniable charm. Potter Palmer was a Chicago business magnate—well-known for a variety of endeavors, including his significant role in the development of downtown Chicago’s iconic State Street. Bertha Honoré Palmer, 23 years Potter’s junior, was a wealthy socialite who also had a drive to learn and succeed. An introduction by Potter’s former business partner, Marshall Field, sparked a romance—and eventual engagement—between Potter and Bertha that led to perhaps one of the most extravagant wedding gifts of all time – Palmer House. It was a grand Chicago Hotel—one destined to take its place among the most luxurious hotels in Chicago and beyond. However, only 13 days after its grand opening, the Palmer House fell victim to the Great Chicago Fire. But that didn’t deter Potter. Determined to rebuild his hotel, Potter secured a $1.7 million loan–negotiated on his signature alone. On November 8, 1873, the new Palmer House welcomed its first guests, marking the opening of what would become the nation’s longest continually operating hotel. By the turn of the century, the Palmer House had become Chicago’s liveliest social center, hosting a long list of prominent figures—including those ranging from U.S. presidents to Charles Dickens to Oscar Wilde. In 1933, the Empire Dining Room of Palmer House was converted into an entertainment epicentre and supper club. It hosted legendary entertainers, including Frank Sinatra, Judy Garland, Ella Fitzgerald, Harry Belafonte, Louis Armstrong, and Liberace.
The Never-Ending Legend
In recent years the historic Chicago hotel, Palmer House has undergone a $170 million renovation to ensure that it includes all of the conveniences and comforts our 21st century guests expect while also preserving our significant history. Clearly “the Chicago hotel the world knows best” has positioned itself for the next era in downtown Chicago accommodations–and the next generation of Palmer House Hilton with a hip and historic outlook.
Palmer House consists of 1,641 guest rooms and suites. The Palmer House will transform any event - large or small - into one that's not only talked about but always remembered, with over 130,000 square feet of meeting space. We have 3 ballrooms that accommodate up to 1,653 people, 78 breakout rooms, 16,909 square feet of Exhibit Hall, 11 Hospitality Suites, and a self-service connectivity station with complimentary Apple and IBM computer and printer use with complimentary high-speed internet.
What are you waiting for? Apply now to join and be a part of one of Chicago's staple hotels!
You can apply in minutes, right from your phone!
- Hilton is proud to have an award-winning workplace culture ranking #2 Best Company To Work For in the U.S.
- We support the mental and physical well-being of all Team Members so they can Thrive personally and professionally in a diverse and inclusive environment, thanks to innovative programs and benefits such as:
- Access to your pay when you need it through DailyPay (Based on hotel)
- Health insurance
- Career growth and development
- Team Member Resource Groups
- Recognition and rewards programs
- Go Hilton travel discount program
- Best-in-Class Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Supportive parental leave
- Employee stock purchase program (ESPP) - purchase Hilton shares at 15% discount
- Debt-free education : Access to a wide variety of educational credentials (ex. college degrees, high school completion, English-language learning, digital literacy, professional certificates and more)
What will it be like to work for this Hilton Worldwide Brand?
One of the most recognized names in the industry, Hilton Hotels & Resorts offers travelers a world of authentic experiences. Hilton remains an innovative, forward-thinking hospitality leader by offering best-in-class products, services and amenities to ensure that every guest feels cared for, valued and respected. From inaugural balls and international award galas to business events and personal moments, Hilton is where the world makes history, closes the deal, toasts special occasions and gets away from it all.
Hilton Hotels & Resorts is one of Hilton World wide's ten market-leading brands. For more information visit www.hiltonworldwide.com.
If you understand the importance of upholding a brand's reputation and what it takes to provide a globally recognized hospitality experience, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Team Member with Hilton Hotels & Resorts.
What will I be doing?
- Foot patrol of the interior and perimeter of the hotel to observe and identify potential security and safety risks or undesirable conditions. Evaluate situations and make logical decisions on how to proceed and direct work.
- Maintain order in the hotel, dealing with the welfare of guests, assisting with door lock problems, coordinate expedient response to emergency conditions such as fire, fire or safety hazards and threats to life and/or property in a calm, rational and persuasive manner.Handle undesired conduct, violations of hotel policy and civil laws as warranted for the security and safety of hotel guests, employees, patrons and property.
- Answer security telephone and safety hotline calls and respond in a timely manner based on priority. Prepare schedules and relate relevant information on house count, conventions, arrivals and departures from each shift.
- Memorize and monitor life safety system including accurate layout of entire building,locations of stand pipes, fire extinguishers, complete alarm reports and checks and report any pertinent information from each shift.
- Observe monitors for any unusual activity and in the case of suspicious behavior report directly, via radio, to the supervisor on duty; report any alarms similarly.
- Administer CPR and First Aid.
Regular attendance in conformance withthe standards, which may be established by Hilton from time to time, is essential to thesuccessful performance of this position.
Due to cyclical nature of thehospitality industry,employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the businessneeds of the hotel.
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton Worldwide has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton Worldwide remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
H Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
I Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
L Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
T Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
O Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
N Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes in our Team Members:
- Living the Values
- Customer Focus
What benefits will I receive?
Hilton Worldwide benefits will include a competitive starting salary and, depending upon eligibility, a vacation or Paid Time Off (PTO) benefit. You will instantly have access to our unique benefits such as the Team Member and Family Travel Program, which provides reduced hotel room rates at many of our hotels for you and your family, plus discounts on products and services offered by Hilton Worldwide and its partners. After your probationary period you may enroll in Hilton Worldwides Health & Welfare benefit plans or union benefits, depending on eligibility. Hilton Worldwide also offers eligible team members a 401K Savings Plan, as well as Employee Assistance and Educational Assistance Programs. We look forward to reviewing with you the specific benefits you would receive as a Hilton Worldwide Team Member. The above information is provided as a highlight of the major benefits offered to most full-time team members in the United States. All benefits listed may not be offered at all locations. Union team members should refer to their collective bargaining agreements. This is not a summary plan description or official plan document.
Job: Security and Loss Prevention
Title: Security Officer (Third Shift) - Palmer House a Hilton Hotel
Requisition ID: HOT09J9R
- Hilton Jobs