Artis Senior Living Security Guard in Chicago, Illinois
You will need to be available from 8 p.m. to 9 a.m. Benefits are included!
Performs assigned security duties. Security guards will be responsible for the safety and security of the community residents and staff while assuring the security and safekeeping of the physical plant.
Essential Position Functions:
- Knowledge of all Fire Alarm Systems, their locations and operating procedures;
- Responds to Fire Alarms and has knowledge of Fire Safety, Evacuation Procedures, Sprinkler Systems, and Fire Extinguishers.
- Knowledge of all emergency call systems, response to pull cords, basic first aid, CPR, ambulance procedures, and accident procedures.
- Knowledge of elevator procedures, rescue, fire service, independent service and keys.
- Knowledge of daily resident check procedures, ensuring resident safety and well-being.
- Responsible for building security including locks, key control, cutting and issuing keys to residents and staff, interior patrols, and closed circuit monitors.
- Responsible for perimeter security including working knowledge of gatehouse procedures, exterior patrols, parking and traffic violations, and vehicle operation.
- Responsible for theft prevention, investigation, and police procedures.
- Knowledge of radio use and desk operation.
- Responsible for report writing and documentation of all work performed.
- Writes work orders for Environmental Services and housekeeping problems observed.
- Practices and observes all safety rules and procedures.
Performs other reasonable tasks as assigned by the supervisor. Education/Experience:
Must have High School diploma or equivalent. An equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, race, ethnicity, gender, religion, or otherwise. Minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.