R1 RCM Billing Representative II in Chicago, Illinois
Location: Remote, USA
Shift: Monday-Friday, Flexible start time between 630am-9am per candidates time zone, 8.5 hour shift with a 30 minute lunch.
R1 is a leading provider of technology-enabled revenue cycle management services which transform and solve challenges across health systems, hospitals and physician practices. Headquartered in Chicago, R1 is publicly-traded organization with employees throughout the US and international locations.
Our mission is to be the one trusted partner to manage revenue, so providers and patients can focus on what matters most.
Our priority is to always do what is best for our clients, patient’s and each other. With our proven and scalable operating model, we complement a healthcare organization’s infrastructure, quickly driving sustainable improvements to net patient revenue and cash flows while reducing operating costs and enhancing the patient experience.
The Billing Representative is engaged in the tracking of claims through the billing process, to identify problem areas, and to determine a course of action to resolve aging claims. Follows all policies and procedures as outlined by the company and/or governmental regulations and according to HIPAA regulations.
Position reports to: Senior Manager, Account Resolution
• Responsible for working correspondence on a daily basis – to accurately update accounts with the provided information
• Responsible for payment posting and credit resolutions
• Responsible for identifying trends which impact revenue and determine best course of action to resolve outstanding accounts
• Interact with third parties representative and utilize online sites to review status and update accounts as needed to expedite the claims process
• Interact with manager and team members regarding A/R research results
• Responsible for the follow up on A/R research projects; review status of accounts, action taken, and further course of action if warranted
• Provide updates to manager with findings from A/R research and status of A/R projects
• Perform other duties as directed by manager
• Responsible for processing attorney correspondence and requests – timely and accurately
• Compliance with R1 policies
• Other duties as assigned
• High School Diploma or equivalent required
• Experience with working on multiple computer systems simultaneously
• 1 year of Insurance Billing, AR experience required
• Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail required
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment required
• Basic computer operating skills required
• Able to manage multiple concurrent tasks required
• Highly self-motivated and directed required
• Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws required
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure required
• Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills required
• Flexible to handle unexpected daily challenges required
• Very strong written and verbal communication skills required
• Ability to safely and successfully perform essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards required
Working in an evolving healthcare setting, we use our shared expertise to deliver innovative solutions. Our fast-growing team has opportunities to learn and grow through rewarding interactions, collaboration and the freedom to explore professional interests.
Our associates are given valuable opportunities to contribute, to innovate and create meaningful work that makes an impact in the communities we serve around the world. We also offer a culture of excellence that drives customer success and improves patient care. We believe in giving back to the community and offer a competitive benefits package including:
Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision & RX Coverage
Paid Time Off, Volunteer Time & Holidays
401K with Company Match
Company-Paid Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability & Long-Term Disability
R1 RCM Inc. (“the Company”) is dedicated to the fundamentals of equal employment opportunity. The Company’s employment practices , including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion, compensation, benefits, training, discipline, and termination shall not be based on any person’s age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the Company is dedicated to providing a workplace free from harassment based on any of the foregoing protected categories.
If you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the job application process, please contact us at 312-496-7709 for assistance.
CA PRIVACY NOTICE: California resident job applicants can learn more about their privacy rights California Consent (https://f.hubspotusercontent20.net/hubfs/4941928/California%20Consent%20Notice.pdf)
To learn more, visit: R1RCM.com
Visit us on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/R1RCM)
R1 RCM is a leading provider of technology-driven solutions that transform the patient experience and financial performance of hospitals, health systems, and medical groups.
Our mission is to make healthcare simpler, so providers and patients can focus on what matters most. R1’s proven and scalable operating models seamlessly complement a healthcare organization’s infrastructure, quickly driving sustainable improvements to net patient revenue and cash flows while reducing operating costs and enhancing the patient experience. Our priority is to always do what is best for our clients, patients, and each other.
Headquartered near Salt Lake City, Utah, R1 employs over 27,000 people globally and is traded on the Nasdaq stock exchange under the symbol “RCM.”
- R1 RCM Jobs