City of Chicago ASSISTANT DIRECTOR in Chicago, Illinois
OFFICE OF EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT AND COMMUNICATIONS
Number of Positions: 1
Annual Salary: $114,408.00
Successful candidates must pass a drug screen and a background investigation. Persons offered employment must pass all pre-employment exams prior to appointment.
Functions as the assistant to the head of 911 Operations accountable for the management of the 911 Floor’s work operations, direction and oversight of staff, and control of budgetary and administrative functions; and performs related duties as required.
• Assists the Deputy Director in all areas of 911 operations management and 911 data and efficiency
• Manages and organizes employee efficiency and improvement
• Manages large scale projects
• Leads and directs management level staff in developing new or revising existing program operations designed to improve or expand departmental services
• Coordinates and directs the work efforts towards researching new technologies, reviewing performance against goals and objectives, and evaluating programs for deficiencies and accomplishments
• Coordinates work efforts with management in developing strategic plans and implementing changes in staffing, operating procedures, and work processes designed to improve the administration of programs, increase operational efficiencies and accomplishments
• Manages functions including budget preparations and grant funding, human resources, labor relations, computer support, and office management activities
Additional duties may be required for this position.
THIS POSITION IS EXEMPT FROM THE CAREER SERVICE.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree in a field related to the duties performed, including five (5) years of work experience related to the position, of which two (2) years are in a managerial role related to the responsibilities of the position or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
NOTE: You must provide your transcripts or diploma, professional license, or training certificates at time of processing, if applicable.
This position requires applicants to complete an interview which will include a written exercise and/or a skills assessment test as part of the interview. The interviewed candidate(s) possessing the qualifications best suited to fulfill the responsibilities of the position, based on the oral and written parts of the interview will be selected.
Residency Requirement: All employees of the City of Chicago must be actual residents of the City of Chicago as outlined in Section 2-152-050 of the City of Chicago Municipal Code. Proof of residency will be required.
ALL REFERENCES TO POLITICAL SPONSORSHIP OR RECOMMENDATION MUST BE OMITTED FROM ANY AND ALL APPLICATION MATERIALS SUBMITTED FOR CITY EMPLOYMENT.
City of Chicago is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Military Friendly Employer.
City of Chicago Department of Human Resources
Lori Lightfoot Christopher Owen
Applications for this position will be accepted until 11:59 pm CST on July 7, 2022.