Geico Financial Analyst in Chevy Chase, Maryland
Chevy Chase, Maryland, United States at https://geico.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/9364/other-jobs-matching/location-only
Other at http://geico.referrals.selectminds.com/landingpages/other-opportunities-at-geico-179
Share this Job
We are seeking a highly motivated Financial Analyst to join GEICO’s Corporate Planning and Control department. As a member of the team you will contribute to the Forecasting, Planning, and Analysis (FP&A) of the Company’s results, strategies and business plans, budgets, and more. You will have the opportunity to showcase your work to the CEO and Senior Management.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Support the planning, reporting, and budgeting processes
• Utilize understanding of the business plan, budget, and forecast to create high quality variance and trend analysis on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis
• Publish analysis to provide insight into performance and drive KPI improvement
• Apply a blend of financial and statistical methods to create long-term models and forecasts that analyze and guide company performance
• Build relationships as a liaison with other departments to maintain understanding of the drivers of KPI and Budget performance
• Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Statistics, Math, Accounting or related field (Minimum 3.0 GPA); Graduate degree a plus
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel. Experience in R, SQL, or SAS a plus
• Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
• Keen attention to accuracy and detail
• Ability to work independently and manage competing priorities while following prescribed publication dates
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
401(k) and profit-sharing plans
Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
Associate assistance program
Flexible spending accounts
Business casual dress
Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
Associate clubs and sports teams
GEICO Federal Credit Union
Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.