PayPal MTS 1 Software Engineer in Chennai, India
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 375 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 10 + years of application oriented software development experience with 8+ years of PEGA and development experience.
• Understands and can reason about the business, as it relates to their area of expertise
• Design and implement multi-tier software applications, document and test systems, modify as necessary
- Should own the deliverable of a scrum team.
• Work independently and with other engineers, architects, managers and design and develop strategic and tactical processes and create solutions that meet business requirements.
• Spends most of the time providing end to end solutions through design, code and delivery.
• Demonstrate thought leadership in solving business and technical problems.
• Design & Code should be easy to maintain, available, performing well, and can be reused across a sub-system or feature. Code may persist for the lifetime of a software version.
• Provide technical leadership
• Can be relied on to deliver features and sub-systems on time and to requirements
• Works well within a team and contributes effectively to the success of those that they interact with regularly.
• Knowledgeable about Oracle and SQL, NoSQL
Experience in integrating Soap, REST and other industry standard APIs
Knowledgeable in weblogic, Apache internal
• Familiarity with Unix/ Linux
• Ability to provide technical leadership
• Understands current and possible future business trends
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.
- PayPal Jobs