Marriott Director of Catering 宴会销售总监 in Chengdu, China
Job Number 21078879
Job Category Event Management
Location JW Marriott Hotel Chengdu, No 19 Dongyu Street, Chengdu, Sichuan, China
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? N
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels , Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you’re happy, our guests will be happy. It’s as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you’ll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That’s The JW Treatment™.
Responsible for the management of all aspects of the Catering department in accordance with company and brand standards. Coordinates details and menus for clients' functions and maintains budgeted revenues through solicitation of business. Monitors and controls financial and administrative responsibilities including asset protection. Ensures the highest level of service by training and developing staff and executing the requirements of events based on standards.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 3 years experience in the event management or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 1 year experience in the event management or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Leading Catering Teams
• Demonstrates self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm.
• Understands how to manage in a culturally diverse work environment.
• Uses problem solving methodology for decision making and follow up.
• Demonstrates personal integrity, manages time well, and is highly visible in areas of responsibility.
• Builds a positive work environment by demonstrating self confidence, energy and enthusiasm.
Managing Catering Operations
• Interacts with other catering employees, customers and guests, vendors and suppliers.
• Demonstrates knowledge of all departments within the property.
• Communicates group needs to various departments within the property.
• Prompts handling of all inquiries within market and parameters.
• Creates written and verbal presentations effectively.
• Meet with the Chef prior to function to verify arrangements and to observe the quality of the food presentation.
• Meet with clients to plan their functions and highlight features of facility as well as available services.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Communicates all details of catering events to operating departments and customers.
• Manages the quality process in areas of customer service and employee satisfaction.
Supporting and Coordinating with the Sales and Marketing Function
• Qualifies business and tracks leads.
• Solicits and books meetings, conferences and catered corporate and social events.
• Finalizes and upsells catering arrangements for group/convention business.
• Negotiates and markets to drive sales and create profits.
• Identifies customer needs and all sales opportunities which ensure successful catering events.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Provides constructive coaching and counseling to employees.
• Directs the development, training, and mentoring of employees.
• Demonstrates knowledge of how and when to impose deadlines and delegate tasks.
• Motivates and provides a work environment in which employees are productive.
• Listens and responds to employee's needs.
• Manages group or interpersonal conflict situations effectively.
• Develops and manages hourly employees.
• Adheres to EEO and AA policies.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
- Marriott Jobs