Wells Fargo Software Engineer in Charlotte, North Carolina
About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Software Engineer...
In this role, you will:
Participate in projects associated with the technology domain, including installation, upgrades, and deployment efforts
Identify opportunity for service quality and availability within the technology domain environment
Review and analyze technical assignments or challenges that are related to low to medium risk deliverables and that require research, evaluation, and selection of alternative technology domains
Present recommendations for resolving issues or may escalate issues as needed to meet established service level agreements
Exercise independent judgment while also developing understanding of given technology domain in reference to security and compliance requirements
Collaborate and consult with technology colleagues, internal partners, and stakeholders
Required Qualifications, US:
3+ years of Software Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
3 + years of experience writing Functional Specifications Documents (FSD's)
3 + years of technical design experience
3+ years of SDLC (System Development Life Cycle) experience
3+ years of experience with SAS or SQL, or other data management, reporting and query tools
Required Qualifications, International:
- Experience in Software Engineering, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
Experience Experience with variable and incentive compensation
Experience Experience working with transaction-based incentive compensation plans
Knowledge/Skills/Ability Knowledge and understanding of automated workflows design
Experience 3+ years of HR SaaS implementation experience such as Workday, Oracle or SAP
Knowledge/Skills/Ability Ability to implement a solution and communicate, in clear business terms, the benefits of the proposed risk management approach
Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Agile / scrum experience
Ability to influence and build relationships with LOB stakeholders, technology CIO leadership, external service providers, and architecture teams
This is an exciting opportunity to help support Wells Fargo's Human Resources transformation to deliver a new experience for our team through process and technology. As a Software Engineer supporting the Incentive Compensation Product, this role will participate in an extensive mentorship program to obtain the skills to on-boarding Incentive Compensation plans into Varicent (IC Central). This work will occur through phases crossing a multi-year project implementation. Additional responsibility may include supporting the product team through collaborating with internal and external subject matter experts, system users, and stakeholders to understand proposed business processes, requirements, and system needs in order to design and implement the technical changes within the application.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• Perform business configuration of Varicent through configuration components (data, calculations, reports, business flows)
• Create and/or maintain the Varicent model (parameters tables, etc.)
• Assist with managing reference data and payee information
• Configure business calculations in Varicent
• Build configurable process flows to support overall business process and approvals
• Assist with creating and/or maintaining Varicent end-user reports and incentive admin views
• Partner with IC COE incentive admins, IC PO, and multiple product team members
• Participate in requirements gathering sessions, review user stories, and user acceptance criteria
• Assist with documentation to capture data flow diagrams, data definition documents, decision trees, logic diagrams, requirements documents, and user experience flows.
• Provide technical expertise in identifying, evaluating and developing systems and procedures that are cost effective and meet business requirements. Applies knowledge of industry trends and technology to drive organizational change and position Wells Fargo for the future.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Company: WELLS FARGO BANK
Req Number: R-102480-1
Updated: 2022-01-20 11:00:53.000 UTC
Location: Charlotte,North Carolina
- Wells Fargo Jobs