Barnes & Noble Cafe Manager in Charlotte, North Carolina
Title: Cafe Manager
Location: NC - Charlotte - Morrison - 2317
JobLocation: Charlotte, North Carolina 28211
JobSummary: Barnes & Noble has a special place in the community, and this holds true whether you shop in our bookstores or in our Cafes. Both teams are the frontline of our business. The exceptional, personalized service that our Cafes offer is what connects us to our customers. Cafe managers bring this together and are inspirational leaders. If you enjoy sharing your extensive coffee knowledge, then this could be the perfect position for you.
As a cafe manager (CM), you enjoy working with people and are passionate about creating memorable experiences for our customers and baristas. This passion translates to running an exceptional Cafe, one which delivers the best customer experience, the perfect handcrafted beverage and food products and inspires a team of talented baristas. You create an energy and vibe in your Cafe where people are happy doing what they love, delivering a great customer experience and keeping the store running smoothly. As a cafe manager, you work collaboratively with and support the team as they develop in their careers and ensure that they have everything they need to be successful. You communicate with your store manager (SM) and support partners on results, trends and opportunities to better the business and ensure profitability. As a leader, you model the core values of the company and act as a role model within the larger store team.
• Demonstrate how to deliver the cafe customer experience by ensuring consistent, friendly, personal service and thoughtful recommendations, first by the example you set and second by the training on first-class service you deliver to the entire cafe team.
• Ensure a vibrant Cafe by delivering on our commitment to presentation and cleanliness.
• Review financials such as P&L, product mix, category sales, waste and gross margin reports in order to maximize our sales and profitability.
• Manage cafe inventory levels by following cafe ordering practices.
• Manage product quality, preparation and presentation standards.
• Develop the cafe team through engagement and coaching; work with team by providing feedback to assess and recommend talent for development in the store.
• Interview and hire baristas that will provide an optimal shopping experience for our customers.
• Ensure the achievement of sales goals and deliver operational excellence to maximize efficiency and minimize loss through timely execution of all processes.
• Ensure compliance to cafe standards as it pertains to safety, customer communications and all store operations.
• Communicate with your cafe team respectfully and in a timely manner on key issues and messages, creating a culture that demonstrates the values of the company.
• Work in the Cafe which requires physical activity (i.e., prolonged standing, repetitive bending, lifting, climbing, operating espresso machines).
• Solid cafe, food service or hospitality knowledge.
• Understand the cafe business and impact of ordering and sales upon results.
• Passionate about the cafe business and has excellent standards of service.
• Experience in managing and developing employees at all levels.
• Effective organization, planning and prioritization of workload.
• Able to delegate and work through others.
• Ability to communicate effectively and comfortably.
• Experience building collaborative and productive working relationships at all levels.
• Can empathize with and understand people.
• Deliver honest and constructive feedback.
• Can solve problems through good decision making and knows when to take partnership.
• At least two years of management experience, preferably in retail, food service or hospitality.
• Knowledge of food safety, regulations and standards.
• Prioritize customer experience above all else.
• Achieve consistent results and profitability.
• Provide feedback, coaching and development ensuring a ready talent bench.
• Demonstrate collaboration and ability to adjust style to meet individual needs.
• Provide clear direction, monitor progress and provide appropriate feedback.
• Identify issues proactively and resolve appropriately.
• Make viable business decisions and connections for profitability based on the P&L.
• Motivate a team of people through engagement and focused dialogue.
• Open to feedback and can reflect on this insight to develop and grow.
• Comfortable with ambiguity.
• Remain discreet and unbiased.
• Show adaptability and work with a sense of urgency all the time.
• Self-aware and understand how your actions impact others.
• Does not hesitate to and can share difficult feedback comfortably.
EeoStatement: Barnes & Noble is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, religion, creed, disability, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition as defined by applicable law, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances.
Barnes & Noble
- Barnes & Noble Jobs