Republic Services BU Finance Mgr Hauling in Carnegie, Pennsylvania
Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste disposal. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection operations, transfer stations, recycling processing centers, landfills and environmental services provide effective solutions to make recycling and waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers nationwide. Our 36,000 employees working in 41 states and Puerto Rico are committed to providing a superior customer experience while helping ensure a cleaner, safer and healthier world for future generations.
Why Work with Us
At Republic Services, we strive to create a workplace that is meaningful and rewarding at every level of our organization. Our employees thrive in an atmosphere where safety is revered, and each person can be a compassionate steward of our environment. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We’re proud to be recognized on Barron’s 100 Most Sustainable Companies, Forbes World’s Most Innovative Companies, Forbes Best Employers for Women, Forbes Best Large Employers and Ethisphere’s World’s Most Ethical Companies lists. Republic is also the only company in our industry that is a certified Great Place to Work.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Business Unit Finance Manager manages the accounting workflow and provides accounting direction and analytical support to division management. This position is responsible for the overall quality of accounting and statutory financial compliance.
• Manages accounting and payroll personnel and provides direction to the different accounting functional areas (invoice processing, billing, cash receipts, work order processing, credit analysis, receivable collections, month-end close, journal entries, statistical data, and payroll).
• Manages financial internal control processes across all business unit functional areas (sales, customer service, operations, HR, payroll, etc.) to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures, including Sarbanes Oxley and all other statutory requirements.
• Ensures that all internal and external reporting deadlines are met.
• Manages reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts and reviews financial statements and supporting documentation to ensure compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles(GAAP) and Company policies and procedures.
• Interviews, hires, trains and develops accounting staff at the business unit.
• Provides analytical support to sales and marketing for customer pricing and profitability analysis, commercial and municipal bids, and any market development projects. Updates and maintains division pricing model per corporate policy.
• Provides the General Manager with financial analytics to support sound and profitable business decisions.
• Provides accounting direction and analytical support to all departments, as required, within the division. (General management, sales, operations, maintenance, customer service, etc.)
• Manages credit and collection function in an effort to maximize division cash-flow. Ensures division is in compliance with company credit and stop service policies.
• Manages the accounting aspects of capital expenditures, transfers and retirements. Reviews and approves all related asset management sub-ledger transactions.
• Supports and provides financial expertise to the General Manager during the annual budget and interim forecasting process. Manages workflow, timeliness and analytical review of all budget and forecast data.
• Manages and provides necessary support to financial audits including internal audits, external audits and peer reviews.
• Provides support and responds to information requests from Corporate (accounting, tax, treasury, IT, HR, sales, environmental compliance, legal, etc.) as well as region and area field financial management as required.
• Ensures completion and submission of financial filings and returns required by contractual agreements and government entities (e.g., tax filings, franchise, host and royalty fees).
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
• Ability to professionally interact and influence the region, area and division leadership team as well as staff and customers to effectively accomplish goals in compliance with company policies and procedures.
• Ability to demonstrate initiative to thoughtfully research and follow up on non-standard situations to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
• Ability to effectively coach, mentor and train others to meet performance expectations as described above.
• Ability to work through others to accomplish goals and objectives.
• Ability to establish processes and procedures to ensure effective department workflow.
• Ability to track, measure and manage performance is required.
• MS Excel skills at an intermediate level.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and tasks and meet deadlines.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to work in high-volume, fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work effectively and efficiently within a team environment.
• Ability to complete projects and assignments with minimal direction from leadership.
• An understanding of business unit operational functions and related needs and requirements and the ability identify issues, weigh options and provide effective counsel to support sound business decisions.
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principals (GAAP), Sarbanes-Oxley 404, and compliance requirements of other financial statutes.
• Knowledge of State and local statutory requirements that govern financial reporting and accounting.
• Experience with Lawson accounting software. Advanced skill level with Excel.
• MBA and/or Certified Public Accounting (CPA) license.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field of study.
• Minimum of 5 years of related accounting or financial experience.
• Minimum of 2 years of management, supervisory or lead experience.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, relationship or association with a protected veteran (spouses or other family members), genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
We work for Earth. Every day, we come to work with two purposes in mind – serving our customers and doing our part to preserve our Blue Planet®. Our commitment to both has led to such things as landfill innovations, solar energy projects, community education designed to teach people to properly recycle, ongoing efforts to reduce our vehicle emissions and improving safety through technology—to name a few. To put it simply, we are 35,000 guardians of the environment, striving to make the world a better place.
Republic Services is more than a recycling and waste services company. We are a company dedicated to turning waste into possibilities. Together, united under the Republic Star, we are working for a cleaner, safer and healthier world where people thrive, not just for today, but for generations to come.
- Republic Services Jobs