Aerotek RF Engineer in Carlsbad, California
One of the world's largest and most respected defense contractors is looking for a RF Engineer. The systems created by this company is used by all of the branches or the U.S. Government's armed forces. They are looking for a solid candidate that will be expected to hit the floor running. By their 2nd week they should be jumping into RF design mode.
• Design, simulation, and verification of DC and RF electronic designs to meet the commitments of the Engineering and R&D department.
• Participate in hardware architecture decisions which affect RF architectures including RF amplification and linearization technologies, data interfaces and system peripherals.
• Participate in all phases of a projects life cycle including system architecture design, schematic creation, parts selection, prototype development, system integration, system verification and transitioning projects to other engineering team, the manufacturing department, or product delivery to a customer.
• Take initiative and/or participate in discussions, to solve interdisciplinary technical issues in a cross-functional team environment.
• Assist in the preparation of SBIR (Small Business Innovative Research) proposals for submittal to applicable government agencies.
• Mentor other engineers, designers and drafters in the tools, techniques, and skills required to accomplish work assignments.
• Provide information regarding "as built" configuration, as required for permanent records including schematics and BOM’s.
• Prepare and review PDR/CDR presentation packages with Engineering and R&D management prior to internal management and customer review.
• Respond to customer inquiries in a courteous manner; provide information within scope of knowledge or refer to an employee of higher classification.
• Assist with paraprofessional activities including design material presentation preparation and other related technical support.
• Provide engineering support to the Test and Production departments as required.
• Recommend new or innovative design approaches to expand the company’s engineering capabilities.
• Participate in project technology assessment/feasibility studies.
• Present any known or potential performance non-compliances to Engineering and R&D management immediately.
• Monitor technical literature and conference papers for the latest technological developments; recommend new technologies for insertion into company’s technology roadmaps. Attend technical conferences when necessary and as approved by the Senior Director of Design Engineering.
• Write white papers and technical articles to improve the company’s technical reputation.
• Ensure company compliance in accordance with AS 9100.
Radio frequency, Rf circuit, Rf, Design, Digital, Microwave, medium power
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- Aerotek Jobs