Tyonek Contractors Aircraft Mechanic II in Cannon Afb, New Mexico
This is job is at a Depot Level repair facility maintenance on types of aircraft, which include, but not limited to AV-8, C-130, C-2, E-2, EA-6B, F/A-18, H-1, H-53, H-60, MQ-8, P-3, P-8, T-34, F-35 and V-22. Military Intermediate level experience is a plus
- Reviews blueprints, schematics, and safety procedures while complying with engineering specifications and maintenance instructions utilizing NDMS CONOPS systems.
- Disassemble, repair, rework and complete overhaul of various components such as Tire/Wheel assemblies, Brake systems, landing gear, shock absorbers, arresting gear to include tail hooks and launch bars.
- Repair engine mounts, wing support structures and various aircraft mechanisms.
- Rig, adjust, and calibrate aircraft slings and other support equipment for all aircraft platforms.
- Assist Engineers with component discrepancies and investigations.
- Performs final testing and certification of assemblies using hydraulic test bench equipment and associated support equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- AandP license not required but a plus
- Minimum 4 years of aircraft mechanic experience
- Prefer experiencefrom military fixed wing community or civilian heavy structure background
- Experience in heavy structure U.S. Military or related FAA or civil aviation
- Must have Military, Intermediate and/or DEPOT level maintenance experience
- Must provide own tools as required
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must have or be able to obtain a secret clearance.
- We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform post offer, pre-employment substance abuse testing.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Must be able to walk, stand, crawl, kneel and bend on level and/or inclined surfaces for certain periods throughout the day.
- Must be able to climb stairs, ramps, ladders, and work stands.
- Must be able to crouch, crawl, grasp, pull over hand, push, reach or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbow/knee and reach above/below shoulders.
- May be required to lift up to 44 pounds and heavy, moderate carrying up to 44 pounds.
- May be required to see aircraft in flight, read dials/gauges, identify small objects and hand tools.
- Must be able to see imperfections, micrometer readings and other small scales with or without corrective lens.
- Must be able to communicate by voice and detect sound by ear.
- Must be able to distinguish color, shades of color and judge three-dimensional depth.
- May be required to operate power vehicles, machinery, hand tools, ground support equipment, fork lift, APU, crane, truck, tractor, etc.
- Work in an inside/outside environment to include working around machinery, objects, vehicles, ladders, and scaffolds.
- Excessive noise and vibration that can be intermittent or constant.
- Environmental conditions can included but not limited to dust, silica, asbestos, fumes, smoke, gas, solvents such as degreasing agents, grease, oils, and electrical energy
- Working on slippery or uneven surfaces
- Working closely with others or working alone
- Possible protracted or irregular hours of work as needed or required.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER / VEVRAA /ADA
TNC and its subsidiaries fall under ANCSA and are entitled under Federal Law to extend hiring preferences to its shareholders. ANCSA provides TNC the authority to give shareholder preference in hiring. TNC reaffirms its belief in equal employment opportunity or all employees and applicants for employment. Tyonek is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a VEVRAA Federal Contractor who affords equal employment opportunity to protected veterans and people with disabilities: Tyonek Native Corporation provides all employees and job applicants' equal employment opportunities in hiring and promotion without discrimination because of age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, marital status, race, religion, color, veteran status, physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other reason prohibited by law.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.