Kiewit Corporation Senior Piping Field Engineer - Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers in Burnaby, Canada
Requisition ID: 109720
Job Level: Senior Level
Department: Design Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time
As a Senior Piping Field Engineer/Technologist you will play an integral role on the construction project and be a driving force to ensure your project is complete on time, on budget and to the highest quality standards. Working in the piping discipline you will oversee the piping works construction, including but not limited to pipe fabrication, valves, connections, pipe racks/supports, hydro testing, coordination of inline instruments, etc. You will be the liaison between the field and corporate office and utilize your years of experience to provide mentorship to the more junior engineers.
Our mission is to make a difference and we offer opportunities for you to make one too through our construction operations. Whether we’re boring tunnels through mountains, turning rivers into energy or building bridges that connect communities, we depend on our passionate, skilled, and safety-obsessed construction professionals to get it done right. You bring your big ideas, commitment to top quality, and an unwavering work ethic. In return, we offer huge career and travel opportunities and the satisfaction of building the next big thing from the ground up. There’s a reason Kiewit attracts the best: we offer fast-paced excitement and fulfillment you won’t find anywhere else.
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering's Design-Build team is driving clients to turn to Kiewit during all stages of design-build projects. Through our integrated design and construction approach, our multi-disciplinary team works together to improve schedule, control costs and minimize risk. Our construction-focused engineers work collaboratively with our estimators and builders to design solutions that are innovative, constructible, and designed with a focus on safety. Clients benefit from the proven processes and tools used by Kiewit to minimize project risk. We are an in-house resource that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff shares experiences gained, innovative concepts, and best practices for all projects that we support.
Kiewit’s management and implementation of this process leads to safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that exceeds client expectations and furthers Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. We will train you, develop your skills, and allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. With top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building RRSP plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you’re ensuring a lifetime of success.
Greater Vancouver Area, BC
• Manage and direct project teams by providing communication, coordination and follow-up to meet project goals and objectives; ensure project scope or work, schedule and budget are clearly defined and understood.
• Serve as project representative with client, constructor, subcontractors, and vendors.
• Coordinate training and compliance measures to ensure the electrical engineers can meet all of the field engineering requirements.
• Ensure all work products are consistent with industry standards and in accordance with good engineering practice and applicable codes, and in compliance with all pertinent legal codes and requirements.
• Provide ongoing training and mentoring to entry and midlevel engineers to promote employee development.
• Help drive the company environmental health and safety programs at the project level, driving a safety-oriented approach to work
• Learn details of project scope from drawings and specs and standards
• Be a safety leader driving mindset and behaviors that “No one gets hurt”
• Support the preparation and use of Job Hazard Analyses (JHA’s)
• Develop risk management assessments identifying risks and mitigation actions to reduce/eliminate project risks
• Identify witness/hold point requirements and timing
• Understand construction schedule and proactively anticipate potential roadblocks or changed conditions and work to resolve them before impacting the construction team
• Support field procurement of materials
• Support QA/QC team with engineering knowledge
• Support the implementation of the Quality Management Plan, identify any deficient work and support the development and implementation of corrective actions
• Support the development of submittals required by the project for the Owner and for Regulatory Agencies.
• Support the progressing of the construction schedule as required
• Prepare As-built Data for the project and review and confirm accuracy of As-Built data submitted by subcontractors
• Receive and resolve construction requests for information (RFIs)
• Receive, evaluate and resolve all field change requests
• Review and respond to Contractor proposed dispositions for non-conforming work
• Review and respond to material substitution requests
• Review vendor documents and shop drawings for conformance with detailed design drawings and specifications
• Support the review/assessment of subcontractor submittals required by the drawings and specifications
• Use of the project Document Management System for managing review and response to contractor submissions and publishing Field Review Reports
• Complete Field Reviews and prepare Field Review Reports documenting completion of witness/hold points, including photos and narratives as appropriate
• Contribute to the development / implementation of Field Design Changes and other design changes that come up during construction
• Ensure all required design changes are checked and reviewed in accordance with the Quality Management Plan before issuing
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering or a Diploma in Piping and Plant Layout Technology or equivalent
• If an Engineer, registered or eligible to be registered as a P.Eng. with EGBC. If a Technologist/Technician, registered or eligible to be registered as a PTech with ASTTBC.
• 10+ years’ related experience in construction or design engineering for piping and plant layout works within the oil, gas, and chemical industry
• Direct experience on pipeline terminal projects is required
• Proficient in 3D modelling and capable of producing and modifying isometric and plant layout drawings
• Experienced with piping materials specifications for pipeline terminals
• Experience leading a team of professionals and a proven track record of successful delivery of engineering services
• Competent in the use of computer software applications used for project control and administration, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Outlook
• Ability to quickly resolve questions from the construction team on all on piping matters including; revised layouts, pipe supports, material substitutions, stress analysis, etc
• Ability to interpret the plans/specifications/design calculations and provide design clarifications
• Ability to address all field change requests identified by the construction team
• Ability to interface with design engineers and contribute to the implementation of design changes
• Ability to take professional responsibility for design changes and clarifications during construction
• Working knowledge and ability to support the operation of at least the following management systems: scheduling, materials control, estimating, job cost updates and subcontract management
• Highly motivated, with a demonstrated passion for excellence and taking initiative
• Strong work ethic, willing to do what it takes to get the job done right the first time
• Demonstrated commitment to ethics and integrity
• Passion for safety, with the ability to help us ensure that nobody gets hurt
• Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
• Team player with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines, goals and objectives
• Strong organization, time management, and attention to detail
• Ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environment and pick up objects up to 30 pounds.
• Ability to travel and relocate as business requires
We believe in equal opportunity in employment practices without discrimination, and comply with all laws regarding human rights in the provinces where we operate.
- Kiewit Corporation Jobs