AbbVie Sales Executive in Brisbane, Australia
Australia, Queensland, Brisbane
1 additional location
Research & Development
AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV) is a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company formed in 2013 following separation from Abbott. The company’s mission is to use its expertise, dedicated people and unique approach to innovation to develop and market advanced therapies that address some of the world’s most complex and serious diseases. AbbVie employs approximately 25,000 people worldwide and markets medicines in more than 170 countries.
Summary of Job Description:
We have an exciting opportunity for a Sales Executive to join the ANZ team in our Specialty Care Division, focusing on Prostate Cancer, based in Victoria. Partner with in-field teams and build trusted business relationships with Medical Oncologists, Radiation Oncologists and Urologists in order to drive superior sales results and enhance patients’ lives.
In this role you will effectively manage assigned territory and targeted accounts, build strong customer relationships and customer needs solving capability to maximize short and long term sales performance, placing the patient into the center of any efforts and operating within AbbVie’s business code of conduct, policies and all applicable laws and regulations.
· Build and maintain trusting relationships with key customers, prioritising those that are most critical to AbbVie from a commercial and reputational perspective in order to improve levels of customer service and deliver sales.
· Plan sales calls and strategies that crystallises the intended logical conclusions, emotional reactions and next steps to be advanced with the HCP.
· Execute and review sales calls against the sales performance model in order to grow market share and increase sales with customers.
· Gather and analyse relevant customer, territory and state information to help prioritise activity/resources and deliver the best commercial result for AbbVie
· Develop specific, tailored plans for key accounts and customers so that actions are planned and risks are managed in order to meet or exceed sales targets.
· Maintain sales and customer databases through the Veeva CRM system, and complete all internal processes pre and post sales calls.
· Create solutions that enhance team performance, customer service and sales results by bringing in best practice and innovation from external sources to help develop customer strategies and act as expertise lead for area of responsibility.
· Keep up to date with medical and regulatory developments, competitor activity, internal policies and processes in order to provide the best possible service to customers.
· Build and enhance professional contacts within areas of responsibility and expertise in order to increase sector knowledge, broaden the brand and reputation of AbbVie and stay up to date with new products, disease states and medical understanding.
· Proactively work on broader initiatives within AbbVie, representing areas of expertise or sales in general, on cross functional projects in order to improve business performance.
· Shares learning and information with colleagues to enhance understanding and build a strong collaborative mindset within the sales team.
Mentor and coach team members whenever opportunities arise to help develop capability in the team.
· Minimum 3 years pharmaceutical sales experience.
· Completed relevant tertiary degree or industry qualification (CEP or equivalent).
- Bachelor's degree, biological sciences, pharmacy, business related field, or equivalent.
Essential Skills & Abilities:
· Excellent communication skills
· Demonstrated ability to partner with internal and external customers
· Computer literacy
· Selling Skills
· Keeps abreast of knowledge and/or skills required to perform the job effectively
· Ability to work as part of a team
· Oncology experience preferred
· Key account management skills an advantage
All for One AbbVie
Clear and Courageous
Decide Smart and Sure
Agile and Accountable
Make Possibilities Real