Artis Senior Living Assistant Director of Health and Wellness in Brick, New Jersey
This position is responsible for assisting the Director of Health and Wellness with the on-going operations of the nursing department. He/she assists and supports the translation of the nursing philosophy of the community into nursing practice by participating in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of the nursing care delivery system.
- Assists Director of Health and Wellness to coordinate ancillary and/or related support services allowing for respect and dignity of the person.
- Assists with development of a service plan for each resident, being attentive to each resident as an individual and in accordance with the state assisted living regulations; Assists with updating resident service plans as needed.
- Monitor the progress and effectiveness of the resident’s service plan through written progress note and through verbal communication with the resident.
- Assists Director of Health and Wellness with employee recruitment and retention and scheduling of nursing staff.
- Shares “on-call” responsibilities with Director of Health and Wellness.
- Assists Director of Health and Wellness to assure departmental personnel follow established community policies and procedures at all times; Assists Director of Health and Wellness to evaluate departmental personnel’s skill competencies and overall performance evaluations annually.
- Assists Director of Health and Wellness and Director of Partnership Development to implement training programs and in-services for all employees in accordance with the state assisted living regulations. In addition, record of attendance will be maintained.
- Assists Director of Health and Wellness to maintain department within budgetary guidelines.
- Assists Director of Health and Wellness and Director of Partnership Development with assessments of potential move-ins to determine if resident is appropriate for our community; Recommends appropriate equipment, ancillary referrals, etc., to ensure a seamless move-in.
- Assists Director of Health and Wellness with move-in LOC assessments, 30-day and quarterly LOC assessment reviews; Assists Director of Health and Wellness to ensure a significant change in a resident’s condition is identified and his/her assessment is completed in a timely manner.
- Assists with coordination of resident care conferences; Participates in resident care conferences.
- Assists with completion of monthly Director of Health and Wellness Report.
- Assists Director of Health and Wellness to review resident incident reports; recommends appropriate interventions to prevent incident reoccurrence and/or appropriate treatments, devices, etc.
- Assists with nurse coverage as needed.
- Assists with nursing audits as needed (i.e. med carts, MARS/TARS, etc.) to ensure compliance to state regulations and company policies and procedures.
- Workers collaboratively with all other departments to ensure competent delivery of resident services.
- Assists Director of Health and Wellness to provide on-going wellness programs to the residents, such as annual flu vaccine clinics.
- Assists in the marketing of the assisted living community by touring, participating in public relations events and/or interacting with potential resident referral sources.
- Assists Director of Health and Wellness to implement services during resident move-in, helping residents with their orientation to the assisted living community/staff and with their overall adjustment to the assisted living community.
- Assists Director of Health and Wellness to creatively seek ways to minimize resident turnover allowing for residents to age in place.
- Informs physician and other personnel of changes in a resident’s condition and needs; Assists with communicating changes in a resident’s condition to his/her family/POA.
- Counsels the residents and their family members in meeting residency standards and healthcare/psychosocial needs.
- Adheres to all OSHA regulations and safety procedures when lifting and bending and while utilizing equipment.
- Concerns his/herself with the safety of all community residents in order to minimize the potential for fire and accidents. Also ensures that the location adheres to the legal, safety, health, fire and sanitation codes by being familiar with his/her role in carrying out the site’s fire, safety and disaster plans and by being familiar with current SDS.
- Puts customer service first; ensures that residents and families receive the highest quality of service in a caring and compassionate atmosphere which recognizes the individuals’ needs and rights.
Performs all other duties as requested. SPECIFIC EDUCATIONAL/VOCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
A graduate of an accredited School of Nursing with a current RN licensure by the State Board of Nursing.
- Must have a minimum of two years’ experience working with elders or disabled individuals as well as demonstrated supervisory and management skills.
- Must be able to read, write and understand the English language. An equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, race, ethnicity, gender, religion, or otherwise. Minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.