Children's Hospital Boston Physical Therapist II - Inpatient Boston 5K sign on in Boston, Massachusetts
72568BRJob Posting Title:Physical Therapist II - Inpatient Boston 5K sign onDepartment:Patient Services-Physical TherapyAutoReqId:72568BRStatus:Full-TimeStandard Hours per Week:40 Job Posting Category:RehabilitationJob Posting Description:This Inpatient Physical Therapist II (Boston) will be responsible for:
• Performing complex diagnostic evaluations upon physician referral and by departmental and professional guidelines and standards. Verifies appropriateness of referral, contacting provider as necessary. Reviewing patient medical history/record and selects, administers, and interprets a broad range of standardized and non-standardized tests and measurements to assess patients’ functional status related to cardiopulmonary, developmental, musculoskeletal, neurological, and sensorimotor function.
• Demonstrating proficient clinical reasoning with developing and implementing individualized treatment programs for patients with complex, rare, or multiple dysfunctions. Prioritizing treatment goals and administers appropriate physical therapy procedures and modalities to address goals. Prepares discharge plans and home treatment programs. Providing instruction and education to patients and families.
• Utilizing advanced clinical reasoning skills for the selection/fabrication of orthotics, adaptive/assistive equipment, and technology for patients, including those with complex, rare, or multiple dysfunctions. Prioritizes patient/family goals to meet specific treatment objectives. Communicating with equipment designers and vendors regarding equipment specifications and patient needs.
• Recording assessments, diagnoses, and treatment plans in patient medical records according to established documentation standards. Preparing reports, correspondence, referrals, and other materials for schools, providers, payors, and others as needed. Assigning standardized billing codes and corresponding charges required for reimbursement.
• Self-identifying and developing clinical knowledge and skills through participation in professional organizations, attending continuing education programs, and other related internal and external resources. Integrates professional development into clinical practice and shares knowledge with the department.
• Participating in departmental training and staff development programs. Serving as a new physical therapist staff preceptor and clinical instructor in the student externship program. May act as a mentor and faculty member for the clinical residency program.
• Acting as a supervisor for assigned direct reports, including physical therapist I, physical therapist assistants, and rehab aides.
• Delegating administration of physical therapy treatments and related direct patient care activities to licensed and non-licensed staff.
• Establishing and maintaining professional relationships with patients and families. Identifying patients'/families' specific needs and incorporates them into patient care as appropriate.
• Maintaining the safety of the work environment. Participates in other duties and responsibilities as needed to maintain daily operations of the department.
To qualify you must have:
Bachelor's degree in Physical Therapy and at least three years of previous PT experience.
State of MA PT licensure
Previous pediatrics experience preferred
New hires are eligible for a $5,000 sign on bonus
Schedule: M- F, and Weekend/Holiday Rotations
Boston Children’s Hospital offers competitive compensation and unmatched benefits, including flexible schedules, affordable health, vision, and dental insurance, child care and student loan subsidies, generous levels of time off, 403(b) Retirement Savings plan, Pension, Tuition and specific License and Certification Reimbursement, cell phone plan discounts and discounted rates on T-passes. Experience the benefits of passion and teamwork.
Office/Site Location:BostonRegular, Temporary, Per Diem:Regular Remote Eligibility :Part Remote/Hybrid