Artis Senior Living Server - PRN in Boca Raton, Florida
The Waiter/Waitress provides courteous and friendly service of meals to residents, family and guests in a clean and safe fashion. He/she also performs a combination of tasks to maintain the kitchen work area in a clean and orderly condition as well as the dining room.
Essential Position Functions:
- Completes all side work assignments and is prepared for shift.
- Completes meal ticket with all necessary information in a clean legible manner.
- Serves resident meals in a friendly and professional manner.
- Follows procedures to assure that dining room(s) and service stations are maintained sanitary at all times.
- Understands daily menu through active participation in the pre-meal meeting.
- Effectively communicates information to residents regarding flavor, availability, presentation and preparation of meals.
- Adheres to all OSHA regulations and safety procedures when lifting, bending or using equipment.
- Immediately reports any personal accident or work-related injury.
- Concerns his/herself with the safety of all residents in order to minimize the potential for fire and accidents. Also, ensures that the location adheres to the legal, safety, health, fire and sanitation codes by being familiar with his/her role in carrying out the site’s fire, safety and disaster plans and by being familiar with current Safety Data Sheets (SDS).
- Puts Resident Service First; ensures that residents and families receive the highest quality of service in a caring and compassionate atmosphere which recognizes the individuals’ needs and rights.
Performs all other duties as requested. Education/Experience:
A minimum of a high school diploma or graduation equivalent is preferred.
- Must have demonstrated dining room experience and be sensitive to needs of elders and disabled individuals.
- Previous kitchen experience helpful. An equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, race, ethnicity, gender, religion, or otherwise. Minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.