The LEGO Group Equipment Manager - R&D Processing in Billund, Denmark
Equipment Manager - R&D Processing
- Denmark, Billund, South Denmark
Job ID DK11995
- Research & Development
Are you passionate about equipment, machines and technologies for printing and decorating processes? Do you have an eye for the next State-of-the-art?
Bring your curiosity, innovative mindset and broad equipment understanding into play and help us achieve our sustainability ambitions by decorating the LEGO products of tomorrow!
In this new role as Equipment Manager, it will be your core responsibility to investigate available and upcoming printing technologies on the market that could serve as equipment for decorating sustainable resins. You will be working closely with Qualification Specialists, Material Specialists, Platform Owners and other key stakeholders across the organization to find the best possible solutions. More specifically, you will:
• Investigate pre-treatments that could potentially be short-term and long-term solutions for resins not directly applicable for our current decoration processes.
• Identify challenges and obstacles with sustainable resin materials that can create challenges in the current automatic decoration equipment besides the decoration application.
• Construct equipment for performing tests as well as integrating possible pre- and post-processes into existing and/or new decoration equipment.
• Collaborate with existing Platform Owners to predict and align future impact from new sustainable resins into those platforms.
Play your part in our team succeeding
The Processing Qualification team tests all new decorations that are released every year. They provide the standards for the decoration production sites to have global alignment on quality, and they set the parameters for these sites to have as fast and aligned run of new decorations as possible.
The team consists of 18 dedicated colleagues with expertise within their specific functional areas. The Equipment Manager will have a true Research & Development function in the team and play a key role in our sustainability agenda making sure that the new sustainable resins can be applied for the decoration capabilities. The challenges and types of equipment that could be needed are many, so the right candidate must have a broad equipment understanding and innovative approach.
Do you have what it takes?
The ideal candidate has a relevant educational background at minimum bachelor level within Mechanical Engineering, Product Design & Development, Manufacturing & Management or similar engineering fields. Besides having a curious, proactive and problem-solving attitude, you will have:
• 3+ years of experience in using 3D CAD software (preferable Siemens NX) and working with 2D drawings - technical specification and documentation.
• Proven experience in working with product or equipment development processes, preferably from a R&D, Production, Equipment Manager or similar role.
• Strong theoretical understanding of mechanics, technical design principles and materials.
• Flair for technical problem-solving and understanding of materials science.
• Proficient in English both written and spoken.
• Willingness to travel approx. 20-25 days per year.
Furthermore, you are self-driven, able to develop competencies of the closest colleagues and preferably have:
• Understanding of production processes, machines and machine design/development.
• General knowledge on injection moulding and/or mould design/manufacturing.
• Knowledge of equipment/machine manufacturing.
Join the global LEGO® family
Children are our role models. Their curiosity, creativity and imagination inspire everything we do. We strive to create a diverse, dynamic and inclusive culture of play at the LEGO Group, where everyone feels safe, valued, and they belong.
The LEGO Group is proud to be an equal opportunity and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
We support our employees in being there for the moments that matter in life and celebrate families of all kinds, the loved ones that make us who we are. Being part of the LEGO Group also means taking part in our annual Play Day, playing a part in building a sustainable future and continuing our mission to “inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow.”
The LEGO Group is fully committed to Children’s Rights and Child Wellbeing across the globe. Candidates offered positions with high engagement with children are required to take part in Child Safeguarding Background Screening, as a condition of the offer.
Thank you for sharing our global commitment to Children’s Rights.
Build your career brick by brick at the LEGO Group
“You will join an evolving department that is a key part of adding value to the LEGO products by offering high quality solutions. Our decoration solutions are the State-of-the-art, and we are in the process of looking into the best solutions for the future”.
The LEGO Group
- The LEGO Group Jobs