Kelly Services Research Assistant (Patient Samples) - NIH in Bethesda, Maryland
Kelly Government Solutions is a strategic supplier and business partner to the federal government and its key suppliers. Through our partnership with the National Institutes of Health, Kelly Government Solutions offers administrative, IT, engineering, scientific, and healthcare professionals the opportunity to work with the leading medical research center in the world. We are seeking an individual to work as a Research Assistant (Patient Samples) at the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, MD.
This is a long-term contract position which offers:
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefit package
Optional health, vision, and dental plans
Vacation leave as well as paid federal holidays and 401K plan.
Access to NIH’s unparalleled resources and niche scientific initiatives
TASKS/SERVICES. The contractor shall:
(1) Package and send patient samples to outside clinical laboratory vendors with completed requisitions for clinical testing.
(2) Prepare, send and receive remote kits for local blood draws on Undiagnosed Diseases Program (UDP) patients and their families and maintain record keeping for tracking into the UDP laboratory information management system
(3) Maintain database entries for status of outside patient testing and tracking of specimens and overnight shipping requests.
(4) Coordinate with clinical staff to perform collection, barcoding and transportation of research samples (skin biopsies, muscle and tissue samples, blood, cerebral spinal fluid and urine) from the Clinical Center to other laboratories.
(5) Work with the clinical team to provide necessary supplies and blood tubes for UDP patients and family members to clinical teams during the admission visit for Outpatient Phlebotomy draws, during sedated procedures, or for muscle biopsies
(6) Assist in sending out post-admission samples to intramural and extramural investigators collaborating with the UDP.
(7) Monitor and record package shipment deliveries
(8) Participate in the development of laboratory standard operating procedures for sample handling and shipping.
REQUIREMENTS. The contractor must have:
(1) Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline; 4 years of experience is the equivalent of a bachelor's degree
(2) Must be comfortable working with, handling, and shipping patient samples for research studies
(3) Strong attention to detail and experience with project tracking and coordination
Please Note: Vaccination against COVID-19 is a requirement for all job opportunities offered through Kelly Government Solutions, in accordance with the Executive Order on Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE
When you apply, please know a Kelly Government Solutions Recruiter will review your resume and will contact you directly, if your skills and experience match the requirements of this position; a full job description can be made available at that time.
Due to the high volume of inquiries, we regret that we cannot accept phone calls. Even if you aren’t contacted for this position, you are still part of our talent network. All Kelly recruiters have access to your profile, which expands your opportunities even further.
As a specialty talent company, Kelly is committed to doing the right thing for our talent and clients. We stand up for equity, inclusion, fair treatment, and opportunity for all as these build the foundation of our Talent Promise. With a focus on safety, value, well-being, investment, and opportunity, Kelly’s Talent Promise confirms our commitment to those in search of a better way to work and live and to help discover what’s next.
It is obvious things are different than they were just a few months ago. Kelly is at the forefront of ensuring the safety of our employees in this new working environment. Be well and stay strong.
You should know: Your safety matters! Vaccination against COVID-19 may be a requirement for this job in compliance with current client and governmental policies. A Kelly recruiter will confirm and share more details with you during the interview process.
Why Kelly ® Government Solutions?
Looking to connect with premier government agencies or the top 25 federal government contractors? Kelly Government Solutions partners with these organizations to create expert talent solutions that solve the world’s most critical challenges. We offer a variety of full-time, project (SOW), seasonal, and surge support opportunities in science, engineering, technology, professional, and administrative support roles. Our experts will connect you to the opportunity that fits your schedule and interests and handle the details of transferring and processing all levels of security clearances. It’s just another way we make the job search work for you.
About Kelly ®
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits ?). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly Services is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We welcome, value, and embrace diversity at all levels and are committed to building a team that is inclusive of a variety of backgrounds, communities, perspectives, and abilities. At Kelly, we believe that the more inclusive we are, the better services we can provide. Requests for accommodation related to our application process can be directed to Kelly’s Human Resource Knowledge Center. Kelly complies with the requirements of California’s state and local Fair Chance laws. A conviction does not automatically bar individuals from employment.
- Kelly Services Jobs