LifePoint Health Patient Care Assistant -MedSurg in Beckley, West Virginia
Raleigh General Hospital
Who We Are:
People are our passion and purpose.Come work where you are appreciated for who you are not just what you can do. Raleigh General Hospital is a 300 bed facility caring for nearly 13,000 patients each year with over 50,000 being treated in our emergency room. We offer a wide range of surgical services as well as specialty programs including Cardiac CTA, Digital Mammography, and Trauma Services.
Where We Are:
Beckley is an ideal place to live and boasts many scenic, cultural, and recreational opportunities. From restaurants and breweries to art galleries and unique attractions, Beckley is an outdoor playground with something for all tastes.
Why Choose Us:
· Health (Medical, Dental, Vision) and 401K Benefits for full-time employees
· Competitive Paid Time Off / Extended Illness Bank package for full-time employees
· Employee Assistance Program – mental, physical, and financial wellness assistance
· Educational assistance and tuition assistance for qualified applicants
· Professional development opportunities and CE assistance
· And much more…
Under the supervision of an RN, assists in assuring optimal patient care.
- Provides direct patient care
- Performs specific documentation in the patient's record
- Maintains equipment and supplies and participates in quality assurance
- Communicates appropriate information intradepartmentally and iterdepartmentally
- Assists and participates in staff education and pursues continuing education for personal development.
- Applies knowledge of age-related factors appropriately to patients, utilizing appropriate policies and procedures
Reports to: Department Director
Minimum Education High school diploma or equivalent - Preferred Required Skills Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action. Required Skills Certifications: Nursing Assistant Certificate Preferred Basic Life Support (BLS) - to be obtained within 30 days. Minimum Work Experience Previous relevant experience or completion of base skills as a registered nursing student.
Raleigh General Hospital is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans' status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Job: *Nursing/Medical Assistant
Organization: *Raleigh General Hospital
Title: Patient Care Assistant -MedSurg
Location: West Virginia-Beckley
Requisition ID: 7418-10545