VMware Senior Member of Technical Staff - VMC Networking Policy Management in Bangalore, India
What is Vmware’s Flagship NSX product? VMware NSX is a network virtualization platform that delivers the operational model of a virtual machine for the network. Virtual networks reproduce the network model in software, allowing complex multi-tier network topologies to be created and provisioned programmatically in seconds. NSX includes a library of logical networking services – logical switches, logical routers, logical firewalls, logical load balancers, logical VPN, QoS, and distributed security. A self-service interface allows users to create custom combinations of these services in isolated software-based virtual networks that support existing applications without modification or deliver unique requirements for new application workloads. Similar to virtual machines in compute, virtual networks are programmatically provisioned and managed independent of networking hardware. Decoupling from hardware introduces agility, speed and operational efficiency that has transformed data center economics. You’ve read the headlines – VMware Cloud on AWS & VMware Cloud on Dell-EMC are fast growing & transforming the industry in the rapidly changing public and private cloud environments. VMC Networking Services team is an exciting team within the Networking & Security Business Unit (NSBU). We are building a group of policy management plane team to enable & provide the next generation networking functionalities. This is where you come in. We are seeking an experienced Java development engineer to build these networking functionalities & services for NSX Product that is a foundational element of VMware Cloud Platform.
What You’ll Do
• As a hands-on developer, you will be capable of fully understanding Hybrid cloud Networking and implementing the changes required to develop highly scalable networking policy management interface. • You will design & develop networking functionalities in Java for the VMware Cloud on AWS and Dell-EMC platforms.
• You will collaborate with project team members and multi-functional product teams to execute product goals.
• You will proactively participate in design/code reviews.
• Bachelor’s in computer science or equivalent with 8+ years of work experience [OR] Master’s degree in computer science or equivalent with 6+ year of work experience • Solid background in Object Oriented Programming & Design, and Data Modeling • Excellent coding skills in Java & deep understanding of Java Spring application framework. • Solid understanding of Distributed systems, Networking, Overlay and Virtualization Technologies. • Experience in design and implementation of service interface and public (REST) APIs
• Solid understanding of Distributed systems, Networking, Overlay and Virtualization Technologies. • Must have previously participated in multiple major product development cycles with demonstrable ownership of having delivered key features end to end. • Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
You get BONUS points if you have the below skill:
• Prior software development experience in Networking/SDN manageability area in any commercial grade routing/switching products as a module/component lead owning at least one key area. • Experience building cloud management SaaS services is a PLUS. • Experience with Public Cloud technologies (AWS, GCP, Azure) is a PLUS
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Software Engineering
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-02-23
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
- VMware Jobs